Protecting Game Integrity

• Retired Leader
2 hours ago, Dmonik said:

I like the dragon fire shield idea.  Some of these items are far too easy to attain.  I believe they should do away with the dismiss option on the random events as well.  

Back in 2013 when OSRS launched they had no dismiss option. However, the bots could very easily do them so it just meant some players were XP wasting. Therefore Jagex polled the dismiss option and it was added

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Dragonslayer needing 32 questpoints is fine. It will slow them a bit but not significantly, every little helps. Some of the changes do sound a bit stupid though, Hand in sand for mages guild shop? Why not just make it have a miniquest rather than a random quest in nearby town. 

• Retired Leader
39 minutes ago, suffud said:

Dragonslayer needing 32 questpoints is fine. It will slow them a bit but not significantly, every little helps. Some of the changes do sound a bit stupid though, Hand in sand for mages guild shop? Why not just make it have a miniquest rather than a random quest in nearby town. 

real question is why arent they catching bots before they reach level 66

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

In my opinion, quests are already so botted, it is kind of silly to hide the anti-dragon and dragonfire shields behind the quest wall. I see plenty of account with only a rune plate, rune legs, d long, and anti-fire shield in wildy killing green dragons

21 hours ago, Mojo said:

Back in 2013 when OSRS launched they had no dismiss option. However, the bots could very easily do them so it just meant some players were XP wasting. Therefore Jagex polled the dismiss option and it was added

Ahhhh, thanks Mojo, I have been wondering that.  Seems they could essentially just do away with the random events all together than?  What's the point now anyways other than those silly, pointless outfits.

• Retired Leader
25 minutes ago, Dmonik said:

Ahhhh, thanks Mojo, I have been wondering that.  Seems they could essentially just do away with the random events all together than?  What's the point now anyways other than those silly, pointless outfits.

People like them for nostalgic reasons I guess. Nostalgia is kind of the point of OSRS. I guess it helps Ironmen too. 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

17 minutes ago, Mojo said:

People like them for nostalgic reasons I guess. Nostalgia is kind of the point of OSRS. I guess it helps Ironmen too. 

True nostalgia is classic which didnt have random events anyways.  I see the point of keeping them for "remembering back when" but if it doesnt serve any sort of purpose I just dont see the point

3 hours ago, AAIGHT said:

Classic had the sleepingbag thou lmao. and fuuuuuck that :p.

also @Davery,those bots are sold or hijacked accounts probably

That makes a lot of sense. It still doesn't stop someone spending maybe 5 hours of game time to beat dragon slayer, especially when it makes the bots seem like more legit characters to have some play time under their belts

On 11/16/2017 at 2:06 AM, Davery said:

In my opinion, quests are already so botted, it is kind of silly to hide the anti-dragon and dragonfire shields behind the quest wall. I see plenty of account with only a rune plate, rune legs, d long, and anti-fire shield in wildy killing green dragons

Thats likely actually a legit player, or a venuzulian goldfarmer. They don't bot but play the game like a bot does for smae reasons. 

A few months back when I  did a bit of green dragon anti pking on my pure. I saw bots reach almost max melee at greens, so it depends when they are around, they seem to come in waves really.