Change 1 Letter Game #7

Vio

Oh yeah, it's back.

Rules of C1L game is as follows
(special thanks to Zecchini who helped during the rules' formulation | Originally posted by Valdremia):

The object is to change one letter ONLY, and make a new word. You can drop a letter, add a letter or change a letter, but only change one thing. You have to keep it going until no one can make another word. You CANNOT play off of your own word. NO PROPER NOUNS, NO ABBREVIATIONS AND NO ACRONYMS ALLOWED! Each word played must be found in one of the 4 ENGLISH LANGUAGE dictionaries listed here.

When no one can make another word. That's the end of the game. The last successful person is the winner.

Example:
player 1-dark
player 2-dart
player 3-tart

(I) Game starts:
all winners of previous round will post 4-letter words for the next new round to start.

(II) Winner:
The winner of the game will be concluded only when the game ends for the week, i.e. as per clan time's end of each Sunday. If the game proceeds to have a conclusion nearing or after its prevailing week and trickles over to next week, a minimum of 48 hours* from last posted word left uncontended to be declared the winner. This is also to give others who might not be on forum daily, a chance to play or counter as well.

*Pertaining to last contended word under normal circumstances where there is none dispute or arrears to the word played or played on. However, when the word played and/or those played after it are questionable, disputed and/or requires validation, 48hours starts from the time/date it is validated. This is to ensure that players have ample time to contest the word and would not have lost of opportunities since they been pre-led to play off the invalid word.

(III) WORDS PLAYING OFF ITSELF and REPEATS
(1) You can't repeat a word that was previously used. Ex: word words word wouldn't work.

(2) You cannot play a word directly off its previous** under the following conditions:

- Changing of tenses (past to present vice versa): e.g. Sit > Sat, Lend > Lent, Baffle > Baffled, Know > Known.
- Changing of plurals versus singular: e.g. Play > Plays, Gasps > Gasp.
- Use of adjectives: e.g. Large > Larger, Trick > Tricky, Sex > Sexy.
- Change of spelling same word: e.g. Carat > Karat.
- Cases of words obviously playing off itself under the same genre of meaning: e.g. Muffled > Muffler > Muffle, Battled > Battles > Battler > Battle

**Note: under certain circumstances where words are played off directly but does not fall under the above conditions such as for e.g. Crate > Crater, Read > Ready (clearly different meanings/words), it is acceptable. If there are disputes please raise concerns with valid reasons. I will do my best to assess it.

(3) No professional-related words that does not exists in the English dictionaries stipulated in the game links.

(IV) Dictionaries
4 Dictionaries STRICTLY to refer to are:
CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY ONLINE
CONCISED OXFORD
MERRIAM-WEBSTER (assoc. Encyclopædia Britannica)
AMERICAN-HERITAGE

(V) Added exceptions - Spelling (American vs English)
Both are acceptable. So long as we stick to an existing word, same meaning, English based. You may use the Cambridge link to check the American Spelling:

2006011477884606986rs.jpg
Have fun! :)

I was the last poster on C1L6, so I'll start.

Wine

Edited by Vio

rCTf3Lo.png