crash course needed...

Hi all, 

I'm after a bit of help advice really... I've recently started OSRS after been on a break from 5 years. I'm totally new again to OSRS. I've always had a really strong history of pk'ing, mainly F2P... so I geared up and wondered around to try and find some people to learn the ropes again... to my amazement F2P is dead...nobody to really fight with deep level, everyone runs/baits/teles. 

After a while trawling through zybes and reading clan topics, I've come to the conclusion that F2P is basically dead (other than TR?), and everyone P2P pks now..

Now this is my problem, not much changes on F2P so i was OK.. but P2P is a whole different ball game.. 

In my time it was barrows/mystic/dhide.. dark bows/crossbow... sharks...super set...whip/d scimmy..

I see photos on Zybes and don't recognise half the loot or gear lol. 

What i'm asking for (other than help and guidance in understanding the new era of Pk'ing) is your gear set ups, pking bank set up, and a quick description what the hell anything 'New' is. I need to sort my bank out from scratch and was really hoping to learn from you all.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Jack.

My current stats, where i'll stay untll i get my skills/quests up more

stats.thumb.jpg.bca6e6d09fc1c883cfe51022caf4daaa.jpg

• Retired Leader

some PK tabs:

I would say that the majority of PK items remain the same as ever but here are some new ones added to OSRS:

https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Xerician_robes

https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_ballista

https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Black_d'hide_shield

I don't see much else that didnt exist since the start of osrs

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Nice build! As a fellow range tank, you can look at my pk tab for most items you would probably need,

A few new key items

Magic shortbow (i) - buy the scroll at the GE to imbue it (use with amethyst arrows)

Heavy Ballista - very stong high KO weapon for rangers (just need MM2 done)

Dragon throwing axes - great for

combo specs 

i pk all the time, so if you have any questions id be happy to help, im in the cc all the time so just let me know!

Edited by Nuro

Yoooo jc. Sorry for the slow reply. F2p pking is dead, a large part of that is the death of the rune rocks imo. I too am an og f2p pker from back in the day :) You'll find some singles in edgy still. P2p is meta for sure. Singles look to edgy, single strip,chins or lava maze. Revs is multi, you can pk anywhere really multi, but if you are looking for the real big bigs, godswords, bps, big drops, its gotta be revs currently. Hopefully they buff other aspects of the wildy to make it viable. 

Hope to see you out pking with us dude :) 

giphy.gif

fargornwinter18.png.33ab3c33583eee78efd4b6303c186bd8.png