Desktop PCs

Mojo

43 minutes ago, Mojo said:

So my laptop recently died so I'm now looking at buying a desktop PC. 

Spent £600 ($780) last time and looking for any advice as to what I should buy. 

depends what your after, Gaming pc or just runescape or everything i.e multiple displays/ streaming music

Building your own is quite easy and you can learn everything from YouTube. That is what I did. Also this way you can upgrade it as you wish because you will have the know-how. For £600 you can make a really decent PC. Tips to save money and still get great specs, some people may disagree - go for AMD processor and graphics card instead of Intel. AMD items are A LOT cheaper than Intel and perform just as good. I've had my PC for around 5 years now and it can still play PC games on ultra settings, I spent around £800 but could have saved a lot more if I went with AMD.

Good luck.

All depends on what you want! Will you want something that will be outperformed in a few months? Do you want it to be cost friendly? Also AMD suggestion is pretty good I got AMD processor so I could get a heavy duty graphics card and am very happy with my decision.

Ex- Wilderness Guardians High Guardian

jq6W44j.gif

• Retired Leader

I'm not really a massive player of other games, I just dabble occasionally.

Still would be nice to have something fairly powerful so I can dual screen with a lot of things open and play the occasional non-RS game nicely.

Seems like I've got decent options if I spend up to £600

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Retired Leader
Just now, DavyJones said:

you can save a good amount of money if you build it, but that's up to you

Have never built a PC before and although I'm sure I could follow a YouTube guide I'd rather not.

Also, it looks to be a decent enough price already for what it is but I could be wrong of course.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

3 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Have never built a PC before and although I'm sure I could follow a YouTube guide I'd rather not.

Also, it looks to be a decent enough price already for what it is but I could be wrong of course.

for what I think you want to use it for it doesn't look too bad.  decent for the price, but to me it looks like some things can be downgraded and others could be upgraded for better performance.

for example - it looks like it has a hybrid drive which you probably don't need (and usually drives up the price) and i'm not sure if you need a wifi card either (I know most people with desktops dont but i could be wrong).  8gb and a 1050 is good if you're not planning on running anything major.

Looks nice! Davy covered everything well there, his locker must be filled with pc parts! :)

I on the otherhand, bought a lenovo thinkcentre for £35. I bought a pci express gfx card and a new processor & ram, costing £20. I'm running an overclocked 4.7 ghz (will be bringing down to 4.1 it might overheat, am paranoid) 4gb of ram and the gfx card is 1gb (due to the gfx slot being pci express it limits the card I can have) but it runs like a treat! can quest, look at guides have youtube and discord all running nicely :D 

rellekka.pngwg.png.6eeee74eb8244fd287ec866a11a57338.png

12 hours ago, venom_forged said:

Looks nice! Davy covered everything well there, his locker must be filled with pc parts! :)

I on the otherhand, bought a lenovo thinkcentre for £35. I bought a pci express gfx card and a new processor & ram, costing £20. I'm running an overclocked 4.7 ghz (will be bringing down to 4.1 it might overheat, am paranoid) 4gb of ram and the gfx card is 1gb (due to the gfx slot being pci express it limits the card I can have) but it runs like a treat! can quest, look at guides have youtube and discord all running nicely :D 

i pretend.  I built one pc and act like i know it all xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Retired Leader
1 hour ago, Groceryman said:

If you're still looking for a PC and don't want to build your own I suggest SAGER.  They don't have any bloatware installed and you can customize it however you like (different types of ram/harddrives to choose from).  

I've got one now but thanks. It's linked above :D 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

that looks like a pretty nice PC for the price. i used to always say the same thing, that you have to build your own. however, the margins are getting closer and closer these days. these companies scramble to find bulk deals so they can stay competitive and keep the prices down. i think you got a decent deal m8, and you have to consider the time you have saved by not having to build it.

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

• Retired Leader
2 hours ago, Ganja Sabre said:

that looks like a pretty nice PC for the price. i used to always say the same thing, that you have to build your own. however, the margins are getting closer and closer these days. these companies scramble to find bulk deals so they can stay competitive and keep the prices down. i think you got a decent deal m8, and you have to consider the time you have saved by not having to build it.

Paid a little extra to be lazy. That’s the way Society is :D

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2017 at 3:42 PM, Mojo said:

I'm not really a massive player of other games, I just dabble occasionally.

Still would be nice to have something fairly powerful so I can dual screen with a lot of things open and play the occasional non-RS game nicely.

Seems like I've got decent options if I spend up to £600

what i did, i bought a beast ass MOBA, then a beast ass CPU, the rest can be upgraded as you go mate. so you should probably prioritize that, if its not too late already. and MSI and ASUS ROG are the best you can find around. dont let anyone tell you otherwise

• Retired Leader
36 minutes ago, Letaker said:

what i did, i bought a beast ass MOBA, then a beast ass CPU, the rest can be upgraded as you go mate. so you should probably prioritize that, if its not too late already. and MSI and ASUS ROG are the best you can find around. dont let anyone tell you otherwise

I made this topic over a year ago now dude. I have a PC now 😛

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png