[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones Current Season Discussion

Mojo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retired Leader
45 minutes ago, Fr0styo said:

Am I the only one who thinks Litlle Finger let arya read the wrong message to manipulate her ?

He definitely did that I believe the show creators admitted as much in a behind the scenes video 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Just now, Mojo said:

He definitely did that I believe the show creators admitted as much in a behind the scenes video 

wonder if it migth have something to do with the mother and father of jon, because if jon finds out he probably wont be the king in the north , so sansa will and sansa is a easier person to manipulate 

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

Just watched the latest episode.

There's now an undead dragon...

Night King had the choice of killing the biggest dragon while it was practically stationary and possibly getting the dragon queen + other main characters in the process, or one of the weaker dragons which would also be harder to hit as a moving target. Night King is an idiot.

rCTf3Lo.png

Wow I was actually rigth about the letter , it was made to cause havoc , but its weird has Vio said why would the Nigth King go for the smallest dragon? Power limitation , showing off his powers, or just not to kill the main charecters yet.

A lot of the characters have plot armor at this point. I felt Jaime Lannister would be dead by the end of the season but it looks like he isn't going anywhere. People also are forgetting that everything that Little Finger and the rest of the characters do is under the watchful eye of The Three Eyed Raven. So technically Bran knows what Little Finger is doing and since he can see the future he knows how it'll pan out. If Bran doesn't interfere with what's happening between his sisters I feel that he truly is no longer Bran and has completely lost all sense of humanity that he had.

• 3 months later...

Theres going to be multiple spin off series. Personally I think the dance of dragons/conquest are the most likely but who knows. It could be more likely with them going with a film route for it. Bigger CGI budget and such. 

Valyria --- Where the Targaryens actually came from, with all the freehold, origins of how that empire was forged. Can cover the various wars of expansion like against the Rhoynar who then had a large portion flee to Dorne eventually. 

Tales of Sir Duncan the Tall and Egg --- Book series currently has 3, but his apparently writing more and it will take more before they do it as a series. 

Roberts Rebellion - It would have good content, with younger versions of the actors before, however aparently his said everything will be answered about this in the books/TV show so it looks unlikely. 

Aegons Conquest --- Pretty simple his conquest of Westeros. 

Dance of Dragons --- Picture game of thrones now, except the royal family is split in two, and both sides have dragons and will be ripping chunks out of each other. Caused by one of the Targ Kings declaring his Bastards legitimate.

War of the Ninepenny Kings --- Sort of a extension of the dance of dragons after a fair amount of years. Tywin Lannister would be a young knight in this to give you a idea of how long back, also no dragons left. 

• 3 months later...

As an avid reader I had enjoyed all the novels prior to the start of the show. Once HBO took over the writing, the most recent season i believe, you could tell how weak and rushed the plot was. There are several glaring plot holes. All in all quite poorly done, and it feels very Hollywood. 

If it wasn't for my wife being hooked, i don't think I would continue watching. Very frustrating for somebody who understands all the lore and history of westeros. 

giphy.gif

fargornwinter18.png.33ab3c33583eee78efd4b6303c186bd8.png

• Retired Leader
1 hour ago, WG Fargorn said:

As an avid reader I had enjoyed all the novels prior to the start of the show. Once HBO took over the writing, the most recent season i believe, you could tell how weak and rushed the plot was. There are several glaring plot holes. All in all quite poorly done, and it feels very Hollywood. 

If it wasn't for my wife being hooked, i don't think I would continue watching. Very frustrating for somebody who understands all the lore and history of westeros. 

But as far as I understand this plot deviation is completely intentional and authorised by grr martin.

If we compare it to Harry Potter, JK Rowling took full control on this and essentially dictated in the contract that the movie plot must follow the book plot.

George Martin, however, decided to work with the genius writer duo of Benioff and Weiss and between the three of them they've created a unique storyline that works for the TV show.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

On 3/24/2018 at 11:29 AM, Mojo said:

But as far as I understand this plot deviation is completely intentional and authorised by grr martin.

If we compare it to Harry Potter, JK Rowling took full control on this and essentially dictated in the contract that the movie plot must follow the book plot.

George Martin, however, decided to work with the genius writer duo of Benioff and Weiss and between the three of them they've created a unique storyline that works for the TV show.

we lit

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

On 3/24/2018 at 5:29 PM, Mojo said:

Genius? I fail see any genius in what they changed from the primary story line, or how it has evolved. The best parts of the show are the original pieces of content.

I think Martin realized that he was going to die of obesity, CAD, Diabetes and lord knows what else that man is stashing in his comorbidities list. His one book every 7 years wasn't going to bring the story full circle. He sold out so that he could spend his last remaining years in luxury. 

giphy.gif

• Retired Leader
5 hours ago, WG Fargorn said:

Genius? I fail see any genius in what they changed from the primary story line, or how it has evolved. The best parts of the show are the original pieces of content.

I think Martin realized that he was going to die of obesity, CAD, Diabetes and lord knows what else that man is stashing in his comorbidities list. His one book every 7 years wasn't going to bring the story full circle. He sold out so that he could spend his last remaining years in luxury. 

Those two are highly respected writers in Hollywood. You may disagree but most people don’t. They’ve been given a Star Wars film to write which is a big statement 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

7 hours ago, Mojo said:

Those two are highly respected writers in Hollywood. You may disagree but most people don’t. They’ve been given a Star Wars film to write which is a big statement 

So they are going to be doing a Walt Disney film? Sounds about right! 

giphy.gif