Craft Beer

DavyJones

What are some of your favorite craft beers?!  I try something new every time I go to the distributor, so recommendations please.  (I generally like everything light or dark, but I tend to stay away from IPAs, too hoppy) 

Some of my favorite include:

Montauk Driftwood Ale

Ommegang Valar Dohaeris

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

New Belgium Fat Tire

• 1 month later...

Huge fan of the entire Alaskan brand, although they mostly have IPAs and lighter beers. Their "White" is very, very good. Anything Deschutes is great, too. Specifically their Black Butte Porter- one of the best beers I have had in recent memory.

Edited by tkop

IPA's are my strongest calling, so unfortunately I might not be able to help you much.

But... have you tried milk stouts? They're unusual, and something definitely different... you might like them. They're growing fond on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmm beer!

Alaska has tons of craft beer breweries! The Alaskan line is decent.  They've got some good IPA's like Hopothermia.

Elysian is amazing.  Love that line.  Spacedust is awesome.

We've got a place here called ABC - Anchorage Brewing Company.  These guys make some mean ass beers and barley wines.  Deal with the Devil is a rare sought after special brew they only do every few years.  You just gotta explore and try new things.