RoT Wins the Autumn Invitational 2017

Mojo

• Retired Leader

ZV8FuWH.png

Well, it's not surprising that RoT won. This takes their total winnings from Jagex to $70k.

What was more surprising was how much of a mess Jagex made of the final. DC's, DQ's and accusations of DDoS on reddit.

Personally, I think the previous few tournaments went really well. Did Jagex really have to change the format?

Post thoughts!

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

I've never seen any of the other tournaments outside of the hybrid (tribrid? I cant remember) tournament.  I have to say I'm pretty disappointed especially with this one.  Regardless of whether or not RoT DDoSed or not, it was a boring final.  Brewed down range and people either Dcing or "giving the win" (but we know what it probably was) just made for an anticlimactic final.  Probably won't watch the next ones.  

• Retired Leader
3 minutes ago, suffud said:

I didn't bother watching. Generally the finals always get screwed up in some form. The bottleneck of Al Kharid Palace with RoT inside was the worst one. 

but they had done really well to improve it since that point.

Today, however, seemed like a backward step.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

imo the format needed to be changed a bit due to a couple of reasons. #1: They have to give the solo person a chance to to win, As dmm is mostly dominated by clans/teams. 

#2: It can become kinda stale doing the same thing all over again. I mean you see games like league of legends constantly changing items and metas and strategies constantly evolving. 

I do think they have ALOT of things to straighten out before the winter invitational, I think the testing they done on this change was piss poor.

df0fd3dc0d.png

june17.png

• Retired Leader
10 minutes ago, Da Man__2003 said:

#1: They have to give the solo person a chance to to win, As dmm is mostly dominated by clans/teams. 

They are pandering to the kids crying on reddit because their favourite streamer died.

Clans are the most complex part of the game so it's right that a high-quality clan has a greater chance imo. It's simply a shame that this clan is usually RoT.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

There's always something wrong with the finals but I feel like this one was particularly messed up. Having 3 players dc out of the 4 finalists is very sketchy and I doubt Jagex will do anything about it. Also mod Jed, who's known to be a rot member, disqualified an entire island that lit members took control of by instakilling everybody. It seems like the stars aligned.

The whole thing is fairly odd

Honestly, I didn't even watch it but the whole thing seems bullshit to put it lightly. Way to coincidental that the 4 people left, all had better food/levels and all DC. Whilst the ROT member does not. They really need to stop doing the DMMT and instead focus on sorting the issue of DCing out or the game is going to get such negative press due to it. It's happening too much, the Pking single community is trash due to it with people DDOSing anybody with a high value +1. I don't know about the waring scene but it's likely a very similar issue. 

What's the point in fighting when the servers is what kills you not your reaction speed or strategy?