Learning PVP Switches

9mm

Hey guys and gals! I just posted my application, but I'm gonna jump right into a question. I have minimal pvp experience, so right now I am just trying to jump in feet first and get a feel of things. From videos I watch, "switching" is the thing to do, so I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for starters to learn switching on? My stats are 75/99/75/99/94 atl/str/def/range/mage. I thought that I could take advantage of my range and try some range switches. I bought a few karil's crossbows and dark bows to do a karil to dbow switch. I figure I should just go out and die a few times. Opinions?

2 hours ago, Mojo said:

depends on what you're trying to learn tbh.

Is it solo PKing or group (clan) PKing that you're going for?

Definitely both. Right now I have been looking at solo pvp, but that's just because I can do it anytime, and most of the youtube videos I watch are solo. I'm up for anything, the solo fights just look super click coordinated so I figured I had to start practicing that. 

• Retired Leader
1 minute ago, 9mm said:

Definitely both. Right now I have been looking at solo pvp, but that's just because I can do it anytime, and most of the youtube videos I watch are solo. I'm up for anything, the solo fights just look super click coordinated so I figured I had to start practicing that. 

yeh personally not too experienced with the solo scene.

Always been a multi PKer going with clans myself :D 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

not too much has changed except for the fact that full knowledge of the game ticks is now widely available. all of the techniques that these popular OSRS streamers use for KOs have been around the entire time. jagex never used to release game engine info, especially to pkers. but that didn't stop us from stacking those damage splats. B|

as far as weapon switches start with simple range 2h switch, then add in switching the prayers as well. then move on to range dds. once you get that try blitz dds. once you get those basics down try out range to d scim to g maul double spec combo stack. once you learn weapon switches while staying in tank gear you can move on to bridding.

for hybriding/tribriding you will have to do 4-5 item switches quite quickly in addition to prayer switches and weapons/spells. just practice swapping between robes + casting the spell real quick, and quickly putting your tank back on to melee/range your opponent.

9mm, we have very similar stats so we can practice fighting each other in the duel arena with different types of pk setups!

Edited by Ganja Sabre

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

In the future I'll be hosting basic PvP lessons for single and clan pking. Just need to sort a little bit out in RL issues first before I can commit my time.

Fun fighting in clanwars (world 2 is often full and 29. Along with duel arena/vs clan members can be good.

Try practising with MSB/Gmaul as thats the big OP combo really atm. 

Awesome guys, I appreciate the input!

Sabre I am down to duel whenever man, that would be great. That goes for anyone as well.

Suffud, sign me up as soon as you start with those lessons. And I will start practicing that combo. 

The art of switching is the art of clicking.

Learn Zulrah in and out and start increasing your switches from 2 or 3 to 5 or more. Once you get the hang of it you will have absolutely no issues doing switches in wildy.

The most important difference between PVP switching and PVM switching is hot keys. Set them up for your inventory tab, magic tab, attack style tab (for specs) and prayer tab. Once you can flawlessly switch items and between these tabs you will be GOLDEN.

Genghis-Bong.gif
_______________________________ Gwoodcutting.gif_______________________________

____💨 One Very ub_high.png 💨_____

Insta:  http://instagram.com/A_High_Jedi
Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/ahighjedi

On 10/18/2017 at 1:21 PM, suffud said:

In the future I'll be hosting basic PvP lessons for single and clan pking. Just need to sort a little bit out in RL issues first before I can commit my time.

Fun fighting in clanwars (world 2 is often full and 29. Along with duel arena/vs clan members can be good.

Try practising with MSB/Gmaul as thats the big OP combo really atm. 

I would definitely be interested in this xD lmk when you can!