It's Been 9 Years... What's Changed?

It's been 9 years since I last logged into RS (aside from a week ago, of course... quite amusing to see 463 weeks since you last logged in, believe me)... so what's changed? I'm interested in getting back into the slap of it. I'm also immensely interested in clanning, and what evolution has made of it. 

What are your pointers? I'm 98 combat on RS...3? Is that what they call this now? RuneScape 3? Jesus, I barely witnessed the birth of 2. But what do I do? Where do I go? How do I attain moneys? Levels? Fame? Women? (Although I'm as gay as a pair of coconuts on a banana tree.) Whatever.

And what has changed about the clanning world... do we still PK? Is there honor? No-honor? Or do we all smack clams in Bounty Hunter still, 10 years on since JaGeX tried removing the Wilderness the first time? 

Hmmmmmm....

Edited by Warfyre

• Retired Leader

Well, firstly it must be pointed out that both RS and WG are split into two games now.

The first is the main 'RuneScape' with currently around 33% of the player base. 

The second is Old School RS which has the other 67%. This was created in 2013 and everybody started from scratch. It's a version of the game from 2007. It's since had updates to develop it further but keep the 'old school' feel.

Which are you asking about? WG uses these forums for OSRS only. Our RS3 side only uses Discord (OSRS does too, see link above).

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Oldschool Runescape is the game you will remember as the first version you played (albeit with some minor tweaks and many new pieces of content).

If you want to get back into the clanning scene on the Oldschool version of the game, you will have to make a new account. A good primary goal would be to complete Recipe for Disaster, after that it is up to you.

bcarpentry.gif.97a3cbe364d0d4107e4300cb1ecc5a73.gif Gfishing.gif.6298a8913de6b546308b1d65d723e114.gif

OSRS is where it is at if you have any interest in challenging content, or pking/wilderness fun. Developers continue to add more pvp/wilderness content as well! 

As far as honor vs no honor is concerned, I would still call WG an honor clan. We don't harass streamers. We don't rag. We risk items. We don't crash events or pks.  Some of our members will also run anti-pk and interference for people skiling in the wildy. HOWEVER, the wildy has changed a lot (not for the worse) as far as activity and map logistics are concerned. And we will kill pvmers that are not team. 

WG is fantastic if you want a mix of pvm and pvp. We also have connections to the major pk clans. 

giphy.gif

fargornwinter18.png.33ab3c33583eee78efd4b6303c186bd8.png