WoW Classic

Mojo

• Retired Leader

So the influence of OSRS and presumably other forces have lead Blizzard into copying Jagex and announcing World of Warcraft: Classic.

More info here https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7aljfu/world_of_warcraft_classic_announcement/

Personally never really played WoW but it's great to see the influence RS can have on other games.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

WoW Classic would be awesome.  The original game was actually a challenge and took time to level.  There has to be some sort of grind to a game, otherwise what is the point?  I'd be interested in trying out WoW again if they did this.

• 2 weeks later...

it's kinda interesting to be honest... i've never had my own account.. i remember when it came out i kinda didn't like it because i was too much of a warcraft RTS fan. and they spent all that time developing WoW but took forever to come out with SC2 so i was salty.. haha! my computer back then wouldn't have run it anyway, i just played a lot of RS.

but i've messed around in a fair bit of PvP on my friend's maxed PvP builds... i feel like since they're launching a classic server it might be worth playing for a couple of months?

Edited by Ganja Sabre

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It will be nice to play Vanilla again, though I personally think they waited to long to do this. The community has been asking for this to happen for year and now they decide to do it, go figure. And as a side note, it wont even be released when the new xpac is planned on being released the community is going to have to wait another 6 months at least.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played for like 3 months during WotLK.  Never really got geared fully tho.  Only a couple of my RL friends played runescape with me and only one still plays.  Most of them grew up playing WoW so I’d really like to try it whenever they get these classic servers up to play with my friends who grew up on vanilla / BC

• 1 month later...

Anyone looking to start on a private server? I've been looking at a cool one called project ascension which allows you to pick any talent or ability you want with talent points. I want to try it, but it would be way more fun with other people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I don't think I can juggle playing so many grindy games. Back in the day, you had to adhere to a specific schedule and raid with your guild to get your BiS endgame gear, and Runescape is already grindy enough as it is.

There are a lot of people playing in the beta and I'm sure at launch there will be millions of people playing, but I question the longevity of the game because once the nostalgia wears off, the people playing will probably realize that they are adults with responsibilities and Wow Classic is arguably going to take up a lot of their time.

I wish I could play but I'm not in grade school anymore. :/ 

I agree, the game wont last very long atall once the nostalgia wears off, and if it doesnt then blizz have so serious thinking to do about the direction of the game in 1.13 and it potentially killing the main game. Honestly i dont like the idea of classic and hop all these fake vanilla scrubs get a taste of it so thy can finally stfu about it being better. that being said, i never played classic and will try it for a week but i prefer the game now, better game play n that even if it is a bullshit xpac

• Retired Leader
On 5/29/2019 at 1:40 AM, Chelsey said:

I don't think I can juggle playing so many grindy games. Back in the day, you had to adhere to a specific schedule and raid with your guild to get your BiS endgame gear, and Runescape is already grindy enough as it is.

There are a lot of people playing in the beta and I'm sure at launch there will be millions of people playing, but I question the longevity of the game because once the nostalgia wears off, the people playing will probably realize that they are adults with responsibilities and Wow Classic is arguably going to take up a lot of their time.

I wish I could play but I'm not in grade school anymore. :/ 

On 5/29/2019 at 12:25 PM, TheSleptKing said:

I agree, the game wont last very long atall once the nostalgia wears off, and if it doesnt then blizz have so serious thinking to do about the direction of the game in 1.13 and it potentially killing the main game. Honestly i dont like the idea of classic and hop all these fake vanilla scrubs get a taste of it so thy can finally stfu about it being better. that being said, i never played classic and will try it for a week but i prefer the game now, better game play n that even if it is a bullshit xpac

I’ve never played WoW but are they not doing what OSRS does and giving it fresh updates? This is what keeps OSRS alive. 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

3 hours ago, Mojo said:

I’ve never played WoW but are they not doing what OSRS does and giving it fresh updates? This is what keeps OSRS alive. 

As far as i know that hasn't been discussed yet as it's a while off, but if they did they would just be admitting their current game sucks as they are using a fresh start, which they will never do lol