• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Tech savvy peoples

Started by Ts Stormrage, August 20, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

The computer I'm about to buy says it has this for memory slots:

2x dimm DDR3 SDRAM

What is the max I can shove in there? Any other info on this is also appreciated, the web is a bit vague on it :S
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mojo

you're finally killing the windows xp one? :O

(can't answer the actual question sorry!)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Vista; but ye it's 8 years old, and no it's not going to be killed... Just reassigned...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mojo

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on August 20, 2014, 10:21:23 PM
Vista; but ye it's 8 years old, and no it's not going to be killed... Just reassigned...
oh ok :) Thought it was XP from the screenshots I've seen :P
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Took a while, but eventually I got it housebroken, so it looks and feels like good ole trusty win95 :)

Patty

Basically max you'll need or get at a somewhat reasonable price would be 2x 8 gig sticks (What I have and I'm sure my computers never using more than 4 gig). For ram it's not really that important you get the expensive super fast ram they try and sell, just a cheap set would be fine, make sure it's DDR3 though, and the same type so it can run dual-channel.

Chilli

Depends on if its 32 or 64 bit,  32 bit wont read anything over 4gig

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Ts Stormrage

And where would I find this info?

I mean; 64bit of what?

Chilli

Go to run on start menu and type in dxdiag

It'll give you all your pcs spec's 3rd or 4th option down will say your operating system and if its 64 or 32bit or not

Thanks babylon

-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Ts Stormrage

Assume for a second that I have yet to buy the computer ;)
(I said so in the first post)

I can link you to the page if you want, but it's in dutch...

http://www.bcc.nl/computer/desktop/desktop-computer/asus-m51adnl005(77169)

Scroll down a bit for specs... Tell me if it can be upgraded to 16GB RAM plz :)

Chilli

What other games do you play?

To be honest, don't buy it. I don't recommend integrated graphics at all spend a bit more time looking for something with dedicated graphics then you can play ALOT more of the current games without it struggling, alright the on-board is okay for scape etc but not much more i don't think.

But to answer your actual question, yes it'll take 16gb

Thanks babylon

-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Ts Stormrage

RuneScape is pretty much the only game I play other than some flash things...

Considering its mostly to use for school projects and such, I think this is a decent choice...

Ts Stormrage

It's here!

Got my new computer, which means I can play RS once again in full HD and smoothly at that!
The days of RS on 4fps with the screen looking as grainy like you're playing Tetris are OVER!

I was right; it's a 64bit system, has 4 i7 cores, 8GB ram (can be expanded to 16), and 2GB visual memory.

All I need to do now is transfer my 1TB disc from my old computer :)

Pacman Syu

Awesome, man! To be honest, I'd just stick with the 8GB. That is *very* sufficient.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Randy

Niceeeee, enjoy all those pixels

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years