• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

New RS3 Clans, Death of OSRS Clan World?

Started by Mojo, September 11, 2014, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Time to make Clan World forum active ##

Recently there has been a trend of established clans moving from OSRS to RS3 (Legacy mode specifically).
Clan Europe started it about a year ago but more recently we've seen Echo of Silence, DownFall, and what is basically Reign of Terror starting Legacy units or completely moving over in the case of EoS. I've also seen evidence of smaller clans such as Poison showing interest in Legacy.

So, is this the end of PvP clans on OSRS?
Probably not just yet, RoT, DI, VR, DF still pull quite a lot on OSRS but it will be interesting to see if there is further movement towards Legacy from OSRS.

Discuss!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Asaad

The switch is exausting. But if the switch happes, at least I don't have to worry about maxing my skills on osrs. Still osrs is preferable to me because of the sense of accomplishment. If the clan world does move, I'll move because pking is my first interest.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Al

With each move and big change we lose clans, so it's bad in that sense. When OSRS started a lot of people like Lordy insisted that it would only be temporary, and I think this will make it true.

OSRS clans wouldn't have to adapt to any drastic difference though. This way, people that prefer old combat and interfaces can now enjoy the more frequent updates/better graphics/main game content. I predict it won't be long until clans (the ones that are still left in OS at least) start filling up in RS3. No retraining. And the top clans there need new competition. It's only 3-4 of the same top clans fighting each other in OS, and then like Poison and Ronin for midsize clans right?

I think people will have to earn some money too since most OSRS'ers swapped their money from RS3 to OS. That'll boost bossing and community activities in individual clans and they can enjoy plenty RS3 has to offer.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Flames377

Legacy seems significantly more active then OSRS atm. I my self had thoughts about joining EoS to join in on the fun. But, personally i don't have the time or patience to join another clan/learn how to play another game.

» Mike «

I like the idea but the beef needs to stay in OSRS, no beef in the legacy community

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

WitchDoggy

Should be awesome for me since i don't play osrs or have membership  :wtf:

btraill

Whats really wierd is I quit right around when EoC hit... I was apart of WG prior to EoC and re-joined a while after the legacy release. I never really did get to see how barren it got PvP/Clan wise.

From a few posts, I've gathered that the OSRS community can be quite toxic when it comes to 'competitive' play. Lets hope it doesn't bleed through...

Kat

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Oh man, this is very exciting.
I think I've found the topic of my next video!

John

Quote from: His Lordship on November 30, 2014, 02:51:27 PM
Oh man, this is very exciting.
I think I've found the topic of my next video!

Legacy/RS3 > OSRS always.

Banana

Will be good to see some more numbers coming back to Legacy. What I don't get is how clans can fight the same people every week - a little variety would do everyone some good.
RuneScape Name: Monkeyy
IRC Name: Banana
TeamSpeak Name: Banana

Contact me on IRC or in game for any Questions.
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes
80% of success is showing up
Monkey See, Monkey do!