• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Music competition?

Started by Frozen 10, April 23, 2015, 08:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frozen 10

I was thinking of organizing some sort of music competition.
I believe that there are quite some people here in WG who play an instrument and I think it would be fun to do something different and getting creative.
Depending on how many people actually play an instrument and willing to compete to each other. I can organize something.
The problem is how to compete? We probably have alot of different intruments and people are at different musical/instrumental levels.

If we have enough people that play the same intrument then they could compete with each other. Creating something of your own or just simpley doing covers. But I think that we don't have enough people to do something like that. So I think we just get a mix of all sort of intruments.
If thats going to happen we could split it in two competitions.
1. Playing a cover
2. Creating your own stuff

We could let the members who didn't participate vote for the winner?

So what do you guys think of it?
And if we get something started who want to participate and what instrument do you play?

1. Frozen_10 - Bass guitar
2. Patty - Electric guitar
3. Devin - Piano and acoustic guitar
4. Taibz - Rapping

Patty

I play Electric guitar at a somewhat average level. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDC3kbfZ7U#)

I'd be down, I've done a metal version of Gene's rant before just was really average so I never saved it / shared it (generic drum groove from EZDrummer VST and me playing some generic thrashy riffs)

oh, here's an original composition I made not too long ago, it's pretty average, and if you're familiar with voice of the soul by Death I subconsciously was inspired greatly by it it seems, didn't realise how similar it was until I finished it.
https://soundcloud.com/slapmestupid/songy-song

but yeah I've been in a bit of a rut playing wise (not really improving as much as I'd like.) so some kind of Competition or collaboration might help me improve on a composition or technical level :).

(those aren't entries to the competition they're old and bad :( )

Devin

I would be down:
-Piano / keyboard
-Acoustic guitar, but I'm shit
Joined as Initatiate Guardian on December 29, 2014
Graduated to Guardian on January 10, 2015
Member of the Month January 2015
Promoted to Event Master on March 8, 2015

Promoted to Application Manager on May 9, 2015

Hall of fame:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Africo_

I have the musical talent of the average rock (:

This is a pretty cool idea, looking forward to seeing what you all can do

Billy O

Could make it kind of like the karaoke event, just with instruments?

PineappleTom

I could sing for Billy again I guess?

Mojo

I could ding on TS but I don't really play an instrument.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Dieyou2000

His Lordship

I don't think I should compete, but happy to show support somehow :)

Keith

Quote from: His Lordship on April 25, 2015, 01:25:22 AM

Oh come on gene i've been waiting with bated breath for your response. You can't let me down like this!

Taibz

I could probably do some impromptu rap. People say I'm a well known rapist in my town.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Quote from: Keith on April 25, 2015, 02:42:28 AM

Oh come on gene i've been waiting with bated breath for your response. You can't let me down like this!
Would it not be unfair?

Mojo

Quote from: His Lordship on April 25, 2015, 01:44:14 PM

Would it not be unfair?
Masters Degree in Music vs people with no/little music qualifications sounds unfair to me :)
Unless we have more well qualified Musicians? :P
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Keith

Quote from: Mojo on April 27, 2015, 02:26:10 AM

Would it not be unfair?
Masters Degree in Music vs people with no/little music qualifications sounds unfair to me :)
I race against slow people and much faster people all the time it's just the way the world is, who knows maybe someone will surprise you! You know the risks when you enter such a competition ##

Patty

Quote from: Keith on April 27, 2015, 03:05:02 AM

Would it not be unfair?
I race against slow people all the time it's just the way the world is, who knows maybe someone will surprise you! You know the risks when you enter such a competition ##
Call me slow again and see what happens cunt.

Keith

Quote from: Patty on April 27, 2015, 03:12:07 AM

Would it not be unfair?
I race against slow people all the time it's just the way the world is, who knows maybe someone will surprise you! You know the risks when you enter such a competition ##
Call me slow again and see what happens cunt.

ur slow  :wtf:

Patty

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

Frozen 10

Quote from: Billy O on April 24, 2015, 06:18:26 PM
Could make it kind of like the karaoke event, just with instruments?
That's actually a good idea, but I don't know about the quality. If I play my bass trough a cheap microfoon it could sound pretty messy I think.
But we definitely should try this out, as an event.

Quote from: Rodney75 on April 24, 2015, 06:22:31 PM
I could sing for Billy again I guess?
You should, just to give Billy some love :3

Quote from: Dieyou2000 on April 24, 2015, 09:46:32 PM
Is fapping an instrument?
Does fapping sound as music to you?

Quote from: Taibz on April 25, 2015, 10:50:32 AM
I could probably do some impromptu rap. People say I'm a well known rapist in my town.
I didn't thought about rapping (or even singing). So ya you could rap!

Would it not be unfair?
I race against slow people and much faster people all the time it's just the way the world is, who knows maybe someone will surprise you! You know the risks when you enter such a competition ##
It might be a little bit unfair, since most of are probably just some amateurs. But I don't mind, just like Keith said thats the risks of entering a competition. I don't know what other people think about it?

So far we have 4 people;
1. Frozen_10 - Bass guitar
2. Patty - Electric guitar
3. Devin - Piano and acoustic guitar
4. Taibz - Rapping

Isn't there anyone else who can play an intrument or rap or sing?

PineappleTom

I think Taibz was trolling, unless 'rapist' and 'rapper' are interchangeable Frozen!