• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Deadman Mode

Started by Mojo, July 06, 2015, 08:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

There's a new devblog for an interesting new pvp mode: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?380,381,196,65648331

Looks interesting  :)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

gives a clear incentive to have a clan you can trust, makes the game much more multiplayer. need. will be fun to give it a shot

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

Hathor666

I will be giving this mode a shot as soon as it comes out. it looks like it will be a blast, I can't wait.

Also anyone interested in joining me once these servers open up msg me, I want to get a group together so that we can make our presence known. It might also be a good way to get some new members.

I CE Y

With my success in Ironman mode on my sikh, prodigy #1 account i'll definitely be giving this a shot.

GT Rey

yee this seems mad fun

Mojo

they've made some edits at the bottom of the blog including "Members will now be able to play deadman mode on your existing account for no additional fee."
Although it doesn't make it clear if you will lose your stats on the normal game if you die.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

slayer123121

Quote from: I CE Y on July 07, 2015, 01:09:36 AM
With my success in Ironman mode on my sikh, prodigy #1 account i'll definitely be giving this a shot.

^^ #ProdigyUnit Im in  ## ##
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

Asaad

I logged in to this forum to start a thread on this, but you beat me to it. This mode's strength is that is test's honor in a dishonorable world. Holy crap, what are we? We are an honor clan. They are literally telling Wilderness Guardians, this is your rodeo. I'm so down, and hopefully we will be able to play in a brand new way that redefines our commitment to comradery within the clan, as well as to stand for those who cannot fend for themselves!
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Lord Himself

This... looks interesting...

Savnok

i think this has made me want to start working on osrs character

I CE Y

slime666

This looks very kool, but also very risky. I'll most likely give it a chance though.

Billy O

Would be interested to see how much this will take over. PVP Will certainly be a lot of fun!

PineappleTom

Lol Icey, funny trailer!

deths

We should all go in and make Falador Castle our HQ

Bandeye

Will this break things? like dying with def unsaved and getting it to 1 but still having something barrows gloves? they have no stat req, just the 36 def from quest rewards/reqs

Mojo

Quote from: Bandeye on July 30, 2015, 11:32:09 PM
Will this break things? like dying with def unsaved and getting it to 1 but still having something barrows gloves? they have no stat req, just the 36 def from quest rewards/reqs

yeh we aren't sure how things like this will work yet.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Fez Serket

I would hope most of the clan members get in on this. It would make deadman mode more fun and make the gaming experience overall more connective.  :$ :afro: :woeh: I'm definitely playing this when it comes out<3

Lait_Choco

This is WG's wet dream, no?

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

btraill

Quote from: Lait_Choco on August 11, 2015, 03:32:11 PM

Well, everyone has preferred 'game styles' so it's not everyones cup of tea... In theory, and what WG stands for; yes, it's a match made in heaven! :)

I'll be giving it a go with whomever from WG is playing!

Mojo

Quote from: btraill on August 12, 2015, 02:18:31 AM

Well, everyone has preferred 'game styles' so it's not everyones cup of tea... In theory, and what WG stands for; yes, it's a match made in heaven! :)

in theory yes. In reality probably not because you will once again start at level 3 and it's massively high risk.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Faraday122

I'm definitely keen to get involved with deadman when it comes out. 

I'm actually going to plan the quickest way to do quests to get decent combat on the first day, would be awesome if a bunch of you could join me and WG could start strong at launch. 

Fez Serket

Quote from: Mojo on August 12, 2015, 08:31:53 AM
Quote from: btraill on August 12, 2015, 02:18:31 AM

in theory yes. In reality probably not because you will once again start at level 3 and it's massively high risk.

Yes it's going to be high risk, but starting at lvl 3 isn't to bad since the xp is going to be multiply by 5. That's getting a 99 with the same xp needed for lvl 85 ish if that makes sense. I hope it becomes very popular in the end of the day!