• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

DarkScape Clan Structure

Started by Mojo, September 22, 2015, 02:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

This is a public topic. I welcome input from anyone :)

So DarkScape was released 5 days ago and we started a CC the same day.
I'd learned from OSRS that the key to recruitment is to strike early but I could not have predicted the incredible growth to come.
At the time of writing we have 113 people in the CC and 38 currently online.

So now that we have a good base we need to discuss a structure for the clan.
Currently I've just been ranking current clan members and anybody who is clearly very helpful but it's not really a permanent solution.

So how do people think the DS clan should be structured? There's a lot of different things that could be discussed, I'll leave my own comments after a few replies.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Tayzon_Day

Base the ranks around combat level + activity in cc

Al

Use a simple system that'll give them something to work for. So they feel like they're not just in a chat. I was thinking once they sign up on the forums, give eligibility for a mid high rank.

I like Tayzon's idea. Are the ranks same as RS3 cc? So recruit can be like 1-50 combat, sergeant 50-65, and so on. But it doesn't have to be based on purely combat. For example, if a person is inactive and 70 combat he can still be sergeant.

I would like that the normal staff only have power still obviously.

Something to start with.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

OK so some initial problems with basing it on combat level.
There are no hiscores, we'd have to ask each member.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

Then do it based on chat activity, forum activity, and event attendance for now?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

btraill

I would keep it to a basic system of: loyalty, activity, and a sprinkle of their progression in-game. (Obviously accounting for their overall attitude and how they carry themselves too I think)

jaredspurr

how about if they sign up on the site get ts info they get a certian rank, and they can't go higher till we get a ds ranks in place and figure out what we are gonna do

btraill

Possibly something simple like: how long you've been apart of WG + combat level both incremented as the clan rank increases. 

I think as its "Dark"scape; we will strive off of strong players -- combat level/combat progression is a good indicator of such.

Example: first rank no time required, combat level 50 next rank 1 month, combat level 75 next rank 3months, combat level 100+ next rank 5+ months etc...

The numbers can be changed to whatever suits us best. Just a rough idea.

On top of that we could maybe also incorporate IRC idling + forum process too.

jaredspurr

my idea was, have a ds rank made nothing special just normal rank, and a forum for ds events, and all the members had to do would be post an intro and pm a staff ingame to get ranked on site, and as they activity shows they deserve a rank increase they get it (kinda like the ranks on the site but ingame)

1 defenc

I'd really like to see some sort of forum board on here for DarkScape members

btraill

Quote from: 1 defenc on September 25, 2015, 02:37:56 AM

I agree! I will get Mojo to do this hopefully sometime soon.

Mojo

Quote from: btraill on September 25, 2015, 02:38:40 AM
Quote from: 1 defenc on September 25, 2015, 02:37:56 AM

I agree! I will get Mojo to do this hopefully sometime soon.
Are we talking about a DarkScape events forum or something else?

We currently have all other things merged into one forum. RS discussion forum can cover RS3, OSRS or DS.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

btraill

Gotcha, I thought it was going to be seperate/have its own area as it is technically branded as its own game.

Have had a few people now saying there was no where to post Darkscape related material. I'll let them know the general RS board is appropriate for it.

Mojo

proposed structure:

Quote from: rs forum threadThis is our preliminary ranking system, it will come into action in the next few day after members have reviewed it and suggested changes.

Members can gain one rank level by either:
- recruiting 2 people
- reaching 70, 85, 100 and 115 combat respectively
- remaining in the clan for 3, 6, 12 months.
- registering and applying on the offsite (1 rank) then reaching 100 posts (2nd rank)

Example: If you're a level 70 who has been in the clan for 3 months and recruited 4 people you would be Captain rank (silver star) as you have achieved 4 objectives.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jaredspurr