• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Euro 2016

Started by Mojo, June 17, 2016, 02:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Anyone been watching?

Good win for England against the Welsh yesterday  :woeh:
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

LilRyan

I unfortunately don't watch soccer/futbol/whatever other names it has.

Anthony

Been a tight tournament so far. I don't think anyone had won by more than 2 goals.

My last 4 from what I've watched would be:

Germany, France, Spain, Italy

WG Genesis

We have a family pool going on for the Euros. $100 each with 11 people participating. I was doing well but I got screwed with yesterday's games. Went from 3rd to 7th place. Back up to 6th now after today's game but will probably drop again after Czech Republic vs Croatia.

Keith

I actually watched the eng - wel game, happened to be on a spin bike in front the tv with it on, started watching at the 66th minute and planned to just watch for 20 mins. Ended up still being tied at almost 90 so I watched the whole thing

Anthony

Spain are getting it done right now ##

jaredspurr

usa is going to win at soccer

Flux

Not sure about USA's chances in the Euros.

Just watched the England game - we just can't fucking shoot.

Thankfully I'm half-German so I have something to look forward to once in a while.
[spoiler=Awards & Signatures]

Joined WG January 18th 2016

Proud Warlord circa. June - September 2016

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

Belgium gonna win, losing against Italy was all tactics to get an easier opponent next round. Wilmots #1

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Mojo

2/3 for the British teams so far, Northern Irish only have to beat the Germans tomorrow. Easy.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Anthony

which basically means they are out haha

D om

NI gone through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony

Quote from: D om on June 22, 2016, 08:26:57 AM
NI gone through

Yeah this best 3rd place teams rule thing wasn't it.

Does anyone actually know how that works?

D om

Highest points then GD then GS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony

Ah right, They cant know that surely until tonights games are over

Mojo

Quote from: Anthony on June 22, 2016, 12:23:05 PM
Ah right, They cant know that surely until tonights games are over
It's the highest 4 teams and Albania and Turkey have lower goal difference and have played all their games. Therefore NI and Slovakia have qualified and we'll find out the last two tonight.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

O_Beast

I genuinely think on the ball England have looked to be the most dominant team so far, just no end product. & I have never ever thought that about an English team before!

If we can start scoring goals we could go all the way

Lait_Choco

Hungary - portugal, best match of the whole euro so far in my humble opinion. :woeh: I really thought it was exit Portugal.
Also my hat of for Iceland, first euro/tournament and finishing 2nd in group stage.

And like I said, the Belgian coach, Wilmots, really is a god walking amongst mere mortals. We avoid almost every superb team (England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy). Only have to deal with Hungary, Wales/NI and then Croatia/Poland.
But it seems that Hungary ain't gonna lose that easy, what a team! And even after that either Croatia or Poland is quite harder... But still, I have faith in a final and winning it! Just to piss off those filthy Dutch  <3.

Suffud

Quote from: Lait_Choco on June 23, 2016, 04:00:19 AM
Hungary - portugal, best match of the whole euro so far in my humble opinion. :woeh: I really thought it was exit Portugal.
Also my hat of for Iceland, first euro/tournament and finishing 2nd in group stage.

And like I said, the Belgian coach, Wilmots, really is a god walking amongst mere mortals. We avoid almost every superb team (England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy). Only have to deal with Hungary, Wales/NI and then Croatia/Poland.
But it seems that Hungary ain't gonna lose that easy, what a team! And even after that either Croatia or Poland is quite harder... But still, I have faith in a final and winning it! Just to piss off those filthy Dutch  <3.

Honestly, I can see a underdog taking it this year, not one of the big teams. Most of them have had stop/starts.

Every team England has played we have dominated, but as they have so many behind the ball we can't score. We smashed the Germans a few months back too although wasn't a full strength team for either of us. I can see us getting Semi Final hopefully. I love the fact Iceland have got through to last 16 but unfortunately we have to take them out of it.

Who are the stand out players for you lot? I've only saw a few games but Kyle Walker for england should be the RB of the tournament so far.

Anthony

Quote from: Suffud on June 23, 2016, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: Lait_Choco on June 23, 2016, 04:00:19 AM

Honestly, I can see a underdog taking it this year, not one of the big teams. Most of them have had stop/starts.

Every team England has played we have dominated, but as they have so many behind the ball we can't score. We smashed the Germans a few months back too although wasn't a full strength team for either of us. I can see us getting Semi Final hopefully. I love the fact Iceland have got through to last 16 but unfortunately we have to take them out of it.

Who are the stand out players for you lot? I've only saw a few games but Kyle Walker for england should be the RB of the tournament so far.

This man knows his football. I would agree with literally all that. Arguably the 3 favourites in france, spain and Germany have been inconsistent at best. England have looked the best they have in years but we have teams putting 10 behind the ball against us.

Kyle walker has been immense and Lallana. I would say that Dier has proven to be irreplaceable and Rooney has done great in midfield

Suffud

Dier is another level in a england shirt. We have missed a midfielder like him for years, just immagine being able to have a younger Gerrard as a Cam with him in CDM. England are aparently aiming 2020 to be competing in the later stages so its great expereince for the youngsters if we go far this one. Only position i'm worried about is we don't have fantastic CB, or any true wingers.

Deli Ali - Control his temper and he will be fantastic,
Dier - Nuff said.
Walker/Rose/Clyne are all great, can only get better for next few seasons, Luke shaw is fantastic too.#
Kane is another for the future too, hard to remember his still young. 

Anthony

Yeah I would say the centre back thing is our only problem if we have one right now. Smalling is good but I don't rate cahill and never have. Stones when he matures can be the solution there.

Joe hart is class and we have Butland when he packs it in.
Clyne and walker are young
Luke shaw can go for years and we have rose
Like I said we have stones
Dier is a long long term CDM
Kane and rashford up top
wingers we have plenty of promise there, sterling if he can sort out his end product, OX if he sorts his injuries out
Then you've got Alli, Barkley, Lingard

Suffud

Future team of england? Obviously some depend on potential. I've got high hopes though.

GK: Butland, Hart, Forster,
CB: Stones, Phil Jones, Smalling,  Stephens /Chambers depends how both progress downsides for each of them.
LB/RB: Bertrand, Rose, Walker, Clyne, Shaw, Chalobah
CDM: Dier,  Rooney.
CM: Wilshere, Loftus-Cheek, Ward-Prowse, Ivor Lawton <-- Coventry fan biased.
CAM: Barkley, Alli,
Wingers: Lingard, Sterling, Grealish, Redmond, Murphy Twins,
Forwards: Kane, Rashford, Wilson, Porridge

The under 21s of a TON of people at the moment who could progress, wish they made it so you have to have 3 english 21 play in the 11 in championship/prem. Would help progress loads.

Lait_Choco

Today Belgium playing against Hungary!

Our coach in his natural habitat. You clearly see we have the upperhand in this game.  :'D:D:D:D:D:D
C'MON BELGIUM & GERMANY

Suffud

Quote from: Lait_Choco on June 26, 2016, 04:31:39 AM
Today Belgium playing against Hungary!

Our coach in his natural habitat. You clearly see we have the upperhand in this game.  :'D:D:D:D:D:D
C'MON BELGIUM & GERMANY