• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

US Elections 2016

Started by Mojo, July 26, 2016, 08:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayshow

For a site like Wikileaks (which doesn't actually produce content), being biased means CHOOSING what information they release, and in its case, it's terribly biased against Clinton

His Lordship

You mean, like every news source on Earth?
There's no such thing as an unbiased source. They all filter.

Mojo

So on the eve of this election, RCP's map has clinton winning by just 6 electoral college votes http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

We'll find out the reality in about 25 hours.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Restore PvP

As an American I am saddened this is what we've been left with on election day. I don't like to get real political. Your views are your views, but as a younger generation voting American nothing has made me want a political party/system reform more than this election.

- Restore PvP

His Lordship

I'm still salty over Bernie losing the primary.

Lait_Choco

Lol'd hard with CNN's The non Americans' guide to US elections.  According to them, on Why is the turnout so pathetic?:" ... Compare that with Belgium. In 2014, nearly 90% of those who could vote did."

Nice comparison/research CNN. The glorious and great kingdom of Belgium  :3  has compulsory voting, so of course there's gonna be a lot of people voting.  :fp:

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Mojo

Quote from: His Lordship on November 08, 2016, 02:43:17 PM
I'm still salty over Bernie losing the primary.
Bernie woulda ended this presidential race months ago
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Wayshow

I actually disagree mojo, I think Bernie could have put up a good fight, but he falls into the overly-idealistic-but-with-no-money-or-support-from-congress category that Jill stein falls into, albeit on a smaller level (I.e he didn't make a lie the center part of his platform *cough* Jill stein quantitative easing *cough*)

Ugh. I really really hate populism :@

Wayshow

Quote from: His Lordship on November 08, 2016, 02:01:22 AM
You mean, like every news source on Earth?
There's no such thing as an unbiased source. They all filter.

Different levels of filter, my friend. You have Breitbart(crazy wacko right) then you have the New York Times(lean left). When was the last time Wikileaks released an article about anyone BUT Hillary? Assange also claims there is no dirt on trump. Okay Julian.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vio

Mister Kyle

We had to one-up Brexit somehow I guess

His Lordship

I have too much to say, so I'll say nothing at all, except in response to Wayshow.
Wikileaks is a highly trusted source according to most journalists. That they have nothing on Trump is possible, since they have nothing on 99.99% of the human race.
Tim, I'm keen to hear what you have to say on this statement: https://wikileaks.org/Assange-Statement-on-the-US-Election.html
And I promise you I will hear you with an open mind.

Wayshow

I don't think I want to talk about any of this anymore

For now

Flux

[spoiler=Awards & Signatures]

Joined WG January 18th 2016

Proud Warlord circa. June - September 2016

[/spoiler]

Randy

The angry, afraid, isolated, uneducated, bible-thumping white males rallied in full force as backlash against 8 years with a successful black and progressive president. This is not an opinion- it is a statistical truth. The baby boomer's final "fuck you" to Washington on their way out of this disgusting chapter of our history books. Trump offered a simpleton solution of "I will fix it" and they ate that shit up without a single moment of critical thinking. They won the battle but they're going to lose the war on progress (if climate change doesn't wipe us out by then, thanks Trump & anti-science morons). Just look at the 18-25 year old vote (the future of America):

Anyways, this sucks and I really feel for the minorities in particular. I hope Trump actually attempts to unify the country and stops his absolutely atrocious behavior and comments otherwise there's no way he makes it 4 years down this road.

I hope your Johnson protest votes are working out for you guys.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

His Lordship

OK, we've had enough time to worry over the problem.
It's time to start working on solutions.

We have to push President Trump to the most progressive platform possible.
We have to try our best to give him an open mind as Hillary suggested, because if he is to improve and become a decent human being, he needs goodwill.
We have to stop insulting Trump voters, because alienating them is how they got so energised to turn out to vote in the first place.
We have to protest the hell out of anything stupid he does.
We have to rebuild the DNC so that it's not run by corrupt fuckwits.

There's much more to be done, and on my end (and I'm not joking) I'm running as a candidate for my state government election next year.
I'm tired of sitting back and watching political discourse carry on without my input.

EDIT: Next time the DNC will really believe the people when they say Bernie is the only chance to beat Trump. Stupid fuckfaces didn't listen the first time.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Wayshow

It's easy to talk about unity, Gene, but it's not going to happen for a while and you know it.

Outside the northeast, my boyfriend's sister who's from Chicago is straight, but since she has a gay brother she was called "scum of the earth"
On her college campus in Kentucky (University of Kentucky, so not some small liberal arts college. Also a red millennial state), there have been cases of sexual assault, POC have been harassed ("Go home," "this is our land" etc), and policemen are everywhere. Muslim women on her campus are walking around without hijabs because they fear being assaulted.

Unity is an easy thing to say when you're not faced with overwhelming odds. Fuck unity. If the Trump bums preach unity and treat us with bigotry and discrimination, don't expect us to take it quietly.

On another note, I'm looking into taking self defense classes, because as a Gay, POC immigrant, I doubt Trump nation will treat me with any scrap of kindness.

Last note, I'm never leaving Massachusetts, and I'm going to spend the rest of my time here extremely blazed. 

His Lordship

What the hell happened to you Tim? You've become really cynical and bitter since I last knew you.
One of the things I've always liked best about you was how positive you could be in this community.
That you couldn't reach out to Trump voters was part of the reason they got angry enough to vote in such large numbers.
Don't tell me about discrimination. I've had far more years of being a minority in a racist country than you have (and I was obese, antisocial and grew up in a rough neighbourhood), and I'm still working toward unity with as much optimism as I can muster.
If you want to run away from the discussion again because you don't have the ability and life skills to cope with a different moral stance to yours, then be my guest.

Keith

Quote from: Wayshow on November 11, 2016, 03:26:02 AM
It's easy to talk about unity, Gene, but it's not going to happen for a while and you know it.

Outside the northeast, my boyfriend's sister who's from Chicago is straight, but since she has a gay brother she was called "scum of the earth"
On her college campus in Kentucky (University of Kentucky, so not some small liberal arts college. Also a red millennial state), there have been cases of sexual assault, POC have been harassed ("Go home," "this is our land" etc), and policemen are everywhere. Muslim women on her campus are walking around without hijabs because they fear being assaulted.

Unity is an easy thing to say when you're not faced with overwhelming odds. Fuck unity. If the Trump bums preach unity and treat us with bigotry and discrimination, don't expect us to take it quietly.

On another note, I'm looking into taking self defense classes, because as a Gay, POC immigrant, I doubt Trump nation will treat me with any scrap of kindness.

Last note, I'm never leaving Massachusetts, and I'm going to spend the rest of my time here extremely blazed. 

Lucky for you MA is liberal AF ##

Wayshow

Reach out to the disenfranchised? The democratic and Republican Party both failed to do that

Don't me cynical when you're not 10 miles away from this bullshit, because the bullshit isn't going away for the next 4 years.

His Lordship

Yes, because i've never seen discrimination in my life.
It's as if you didn't realise I voted in the Brexit referendum and had to face racism then...
Or grown up with racist remarks hurled toward me in school playgrounds.

I really wish you'd give me more credit. I've felt hate my entire life, and I know I'll keep getting it.
Be concerned, be motivated, be involved, but don't give them more reason to hate you and our kind.
Look at solutions, not problems; we can show them we're not so different to them and they don't need to be scared of us.
If you're going to spout hatred toward them, then you're just creating more racists.