• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Runescape: Reunion: The next step up from Legacy

Started by chdata, March 25, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chdata

Hiya, Chdata here.

I want to discuss and get feedback on an initiative I've been developing, called Runescape: Reunion.

At this point in time I'm not sure if I want this idea to get a lot of publicity yet, as I still have people to contact and make plans with.

But it does help if I can get feedback and thoughts on the idea.

I've finally been able to talk to His Lordship about it too ;p

The thread is huge, so I'm just going to link it here.

(Remember to double check links before you click on them).
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/c=6tDEflvWwIY/forums.ws?185,186,348,65892313
Quick find code: 185-186-348-65892313

Mojo

A lot of effort put into that dude!

Honestly though I think Jagex prefer the current structure because it keeps 2 separate player bases happy. If reunion happened you'd get some rs3 and some osrs players quitting and therefore probably less income for Jagex.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

chdata

Some of both might quit, though I do try to cover a few things to keep things fun for a very broad variety of players.

Plus it's a very hard game to stop playing ;p

Most OSRS players I run Reunion by seem to agree that they'd be on-board with Reunion the more I explain problems they have with it, and every OSRS player that goes back to RS3 is another player Jagex is more likely to profit off of with MTX. Multiply that by 50,000 players or so, and it's a lot.

I do call for Jagex to be less pushy about MTX at the same time, but with the expectation that it's only a convenience for people who aren't more likely to buy MTX just because it has a pop-up in our face every time we log in, and thus not much loss.

----

Probably one of my biggest problems with Reunion is condensing the information for people.

It'd be efficient if I could make good commentary videos, because it's a lot easier to run information by people through voice than to get them to read huge amounts of text.

But video making isn't my area of expertise, I'm better at coding and game design.

Mojo

Quote from: chdata on March 25, 2017, 10:38:05 PM
Some of both might quit, though I do try to cover a few things to keep things fun for a very broad variety of players.

Plus it's a very hard game to stop playing ;p

Most OSRS players I run Reunion by seem to agree that they'd be on-board with Reunion the more I explain problems they have with it, and every OSRS player that goes back to RS3 is another player Jagex is more likely to profit off of with MTX. Multiply that by 50,000 players or so, and it's a lot.

I do call for Jagex to be less pushy about MTX at the same time, but with the expectation that it's only a convenience for people who aren't more likely to buy MTX just because it has a pop-up in our face every time we log in, and thus not much loss.

----

Probably one of my biggest problems with Reunion is condensing the information for people.

It'd be efficient if I could make good commentary videos, because it's a lot easier to run information by people through voice than to get them to read huge amounts of text.

But video making isn't my area of expertise, I'm better at coding and game design.
You talked to @Vio? He's got a lot of experience with video making and can make high quality stuff
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

chdata

Thanks for the recommendation. I've msg'd him on Discord.

Brandon

I started reading this when you first started your second version. I remembered you said some dick replied in the middle of your building of the layout. I will try to read it tonight if its finished and let you know my thoughts.
Discord Name:Brandon

chdata

Yeah, the majority of its finished.

Any updates to it will just be loose ends or me getting into even more detail or me making things a little more concise.

Brandon

Quote from: chdata on April 01, 2017, 05:49:37 PM
Yeah, the majority of its finished.

Any updates to it will just be loose ends or me getting into even more detail or me making things a little more concise.

Ok there is a lot to read. Looks good so far don't really have input till end. Very nice layout though friend.
Discord Name:Brandon

chdata

I plan to make videos covering it someday, because I know that the masses aren't going to bother to read this in detail.

There's too many topics to cover to really condense it - which is why the best way is to convert the data into entertaining videos.

The forum thread itself is more of a full detail fallback of the reasons - but isn't really intended to be the driving force of gathering support or spreading awareness of Reunion.

The people I show it to are a very small amount and merely gives me feedback on what people's problems will be with the proposal, which helps me revise the idea if needed.

----

The tricky part is that I've never put effort into making my own videos before though - but I do have a good idea on what makes good/bad presentation and have some of the software.