• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Post your 07 money making methods.

Started by Asaad, March 20, 2013, 01:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asaad

This is a thread to explore some of the best ways to make money in the game. Leave your own methods and thoughts on others.

One that is shared by alot of us, shown to me by Randy, is running nature runes in Brimhaven to people who are trading pure ess for double nats. The pure essence is supplied by the runecrafter in the general store. You are left to make runs to and fro. 20 runs = 1000 nats assuming you are trading for double nats. 20 runs, 100 nats, 300k.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

As you say, Nature running is a good form of income. If you're looking for available runners I advise checking the Runes and Ammo section on the Old School Marketplace on the RS Forums.

Personally, as most of you probably know, most of my income has come from Blue Dragon Scales, using the 70 agility pipe in taverely dungeon.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Vio

Without the grand exchange, flipping and merching is insanely beneficial.
Even if you're not experienced in it, it's very easy once you get an idea of the prices.
I once bought a rune kite for 130k and sold it 5 minutes later for 170k.
(That was pretty lucky, but I can usually make 10-30k profit between flips)

A good piece of advice is to broaden your scope between in-game, IRC and Zybez market.
If someone is selling something for 100k in #2007trade which people are buying at 110k in world 2, you have opportunity.
Always trade for cash, and avoid taking other items in return unless you are 100% sure you're not being ripped off.
Make note of what items sell best in what worlds. For example, Dragon Scimitars seem to sell best in world 305.

MeXi

I mine iron and coal and smith Steel bars. I have tried the nat running thing, TY Shwanthony for showing/explaining me :D. I also spin flax and sell to people in seers bank. Making dough ftw

Wayshow

Planting ranarrs, usually earn 16k from a patch

Creeper975

So far just clues lol, but I'm getting 55 slayer so I can do some barrows.

Rachellove9

I put together sets for quests as I'm doing a set of the items for myself too.

Cook's Assist was 1k for bucket of milk, egg and pot of flour. 
Horror from Deep 10k for all the items which the harder things were the molten glass, glass filled water vial, planks and steel nails.
I got all of them together and sold probably 25 sets of that.  Go by where you do laws to get the planks free and you can pick up seaweed there too.
Buckets of sand can be made into the molten glass once you cook the seaweed.
It gives you xp in crafting too.

I'm looking forward to doing fire giants for chances of rune scimmy drops.

Lord Himself

I found killing freshcrawlers and selling Unids (Unidentified Herbs) that they drop pretty decent cash. They sell for about 500gp each so about 14k a trip.

Zyruth

well, i made my first 1m by running nats...  i have no choice because now is just impossible to WC, mining, fishing due to bots issue..
Patience is the key to Success.

PineappleTom

Quote from: Zyruth on April 21, 2013, 01:31:39 PM
well, i made my first 1m by running nats...  i have no choice because now is just impossible to WC, mining, fishing due to bots issue..

Bots are bad?

Zyruth

Yes, apparently the numbers of bots is overwheming... Cant even compete with them at all.. Unless you have a very high lvl gathering skills... Like 90s wc etc.

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mister Kyle

Quote from: Rodney75 on April 21, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
Quote from: Zyruth on April 21, 2013, 01:31:39 PM

Bots are bad?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3877/130417023742.png

Just a little.

Rachellove9

The problem in 07 is not so much bots as it is something they call scripts.
Some dude is making a lot of cash selling scripts cause they bypass the Jagex methods of being caught.
I heard from friends that they are trying to work on this now.
It shouldn't be to long til they have some plan to stop it.

Zyruth

Hey rachel, i hope you're right But there's no mmorpg game is bot free... Even those big company with high tech anti bot system running such as blizzard were unable to stop em... I guess whenever there is potienal profit for RWT, there will be bots anywhere...

Chilli

I do smithing for cash :)

Or get good deals from people's " bank sales " I picked up 2m worth of runes and full wizzy (t) for 1.2m last week

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Josheh

Quote from: Amshan on March 20, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
I found killing freshcrawlers and selling Unids (Unidentified Herbs) that they drop pretty decent cash. They sell for about 500gp each so about 14k a trip.

You can sell unids easily for 1-2k if you look around. Your guams/marrentills can sell for 400-500 after Identified

Member since 8-8-8

milfhunt3r

definitely there on the unid/ranarr farming, i did alot of clues getting to 60 attack and i ended up getting ranger boots and saradomin cloak in 24 hours, now i worship clue scrolls xD

Asaad

Quote from: milfhunt3r on April 26, 2013, 02:02:00 AM
definitely there on the unid/ranarr farming, i did alot of clues getting to 60 attack and i ended up getting ranger boots and saradomin cloak in 24 hours, now i worship clue scrolls xD
thats impressive :O
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Chilli

Quote from: milfhunt3r on April 26, 2013, 02:02:00 AM

Nice man, bank made!

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

milfhunt3r

yeah, its really all about luck though, ive wasted plenty of time on them aswell :X

Jords

For all the good times, I wish we could remember.

Swaggbeast

ive just been killing a bunch of geen dragons

Asaad

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Flames377

Blue drags ftw, the best place is in the orge city after watchtower quest useing range/mage while safe spots :D