• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Scam to watch out for

Started by Anthony, May 18, 2016, 02:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm not sure if anyone has come across this yet but someone has tried to do this to me twice now.

The first time I actually nearly fell for it because it was new.

Its the new Ballista scam. Someone without the fletching requirement will want you to combine the 2 objects which says in trade that they are worth 16mil+ but the expensive item doesn't sell in the grand exchange for anywhere near that amount(Its around 900k the last time I checked)

The idea of the scam is that the scammer will want you to give them something in the trade for a 4+ mil value to cover some of what the cost is ment to be so although it would look like they are entrusting you with around a 12mil difference they are taking 3mil+ from you

A lot harder to explain in writing than it would be speaking it but I hope that makes sense. If not then PM me and ill explain better if I can.

Just make sure nobody gets caught out with this

I CE Y

Ye somebody tried this on me on both of my accounts lol.

Please nobody fall for this! If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Fury Os

Southern California Born and Raised

tommywx

Someone tried to do this on me in lumbridge bank. they asked me to tie it, and they would give me 2m but then said I would need to give them a few mil just for a safety guarantee. It's so stupid but then again I gave my password to a runescape stream scam :/

Boomer

scamming sucks :( sorry for who ever gets scammed Rip bank Bible THump :(

Anthony

Thing with this is that it seems they are the ones who are putting alot of trust in you which is why it's clever because you see it yourself in the trade. Downside is that it isn't work what it says it is lol

buddha heist

Been there, seen that.

Awful way to scam people.

Pro tip: If anything on Osrs looks too good to be true, then it's a false . Lol