• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][Beginner][/b][/color] Training Combat [07]

Started by Zemus, March 22, 2013, 03:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zemus

[Spoiler]
Train to 40 Range (cows/goblins)
Quests:
Fight Arena
Waterfall
Tree gnome village
Grand Tree
Vampire Slayer
Holy Grail
Witches House
--
Dragon Slayer
Olafs Quest
Monkey Madness
Haunted Mine
--
Enahkrahs lament (magic)
Eyes of Glouphrie (magic)
Spirits of the elid (8k prayer)
[/spoiler]

Levels 3-50

The first few levels should be done entirely through quests, as the exp/hour you get from actual melee combat is horrible at this level. All of the following quests can be done at level 3 (though death is a possibility if you aren't careful with your surroundings)

Do the following quests in any order;

- Waterfall Quest +13,750 Attack and Strength exp.  - You will have to run past a level 84 moss giant and 86 fire giants. For the moss giant part there are level 22 skeletons closeby, make sure to aggro those before running past the giant so you don't get 1 hit. There are usually people killing the fire giants in the waterfall so just run right past.

Fight Arena +12175 Attack exp - You will have to kill a few quest bosses here but all of them are easily safe-spotted behind a corpse on the ground. Just bring enough casts (400-500 will do)

Tree Gnome Village +11450 Attack exp You will have to run past a few aggressive level 20's, but nothing that can 1 shot you, just make sure you have food. For the end boss on this quest if you don't have protect from melee, you can either:
a) Get someone to stand inbetween the boss and yourself, allowing you to safely cast away at him, or
b) Stand at max range, run and cast.

The Grand Tree +18,400 Attack exp You have to run past level 44 spiders at one point in the quest, just make sure you have a few pieces of decent food to get past. Safespot the demon at the end of the quest with Mage.

Levels 50-65

This order is suggested

Witches House +6325 HP Fairly straightforward quest, i believe some or all? of the quest bosses can be safespotted but you should be fine to just melee them down.

Holy Grail +15,300 Def, 11K Prayer exp If you don't have melee protect for the black knight titan you can safespot it (use range as it is very resistant to mage), as long as the finishing blow is with excalibur.

Monkey Madness +Total of 110K att/str/def/hp exp Slightly difficult doing this without prayer but still definately doable. If you're doing this without prayer the only high-risk points are in the altar with the monkey guards, and the demon at the end. For the demon, just run to the bridge to safespot him and let the gnomes get him to 1hp. Run out and kill him quickly.

Dragon Slayer +18,650 Strength and Defence expThis quest should be very easy with all the levels you've attained from the previous quests. More quick exp here as well as rune plate yay!

Haunted Mine +22,000 Strength exp Easy quest for some quick strength exp, plus the salve amulet is good for training on undead later.

Levels 65+

Now that you've completed all the efficient exp quests you should go kill things!

At this level Flesh Crawlers are good to train on as they are aggressive, as well as yield some decent loot. Unids are very common as well as a bunch of fire runes, iron ore and natures. You can effectively train here up until around level 80.

Experiments are also decent exp at this level, however they are unaggresive and drop no loot. These are good to train on until around level 90.

Levels 100+

Once you've reached level 100, refer to this guide

Mojo

Very nice guide Zemus, thanks for the tips. Personally I've been doing slayer to give things a bit of variety.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

DZ

Holy Grail gives 11k prayer and 15k defence XP.

Flesh Crawlers are a fantastic AFK spot. That where I've done all of my combat training. Hell they even have decent drops if you want to semi-AFK.

Randy

Good tips! Will definitely use  ##

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Zemus

Quote from: DZ on March 22, 2013, 03:32:43 PM
Holy Grail gives 11k prayer and 15k defence XP.

Flesh Crawlers are a fantastic AFK spot. That where I've done all of my combat training. Hell they even have decent drops if you want to semi-AFK.
good point, was going to include holy grail then completely forgot ##

Lord Himself

Easy and straightforward guide ^.^ i'll be needing this when i'm fully active to train my 07 account. Thanks alot for this :D

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Creeper975

Pacman Syu

Thanks Zemus! I'll definitely refer to this when I start playing 07 :)

Quote from: Keith on March 22, 2013, 08:44:59 PM
Maybe I'll play this summer and do this ##

MAYBE.

PLAY WITH MEH >:3
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Buns

u should make a money guide

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vio

Shadow of the Storm gives 10k xp in a skill of your choice, may want to add that one in too :)

Super Cook

Nice guide, I was unsure which quests to complete to help my combat stats.

Thank you :3

Buns

vampyre slayer also gives u some atk exp i think(not that sure)

Asaad

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Zemus

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

YumYumMix

is this what you use to get 99 everything cuz i wana do this to!!   :D :D :D

The Turtle

This is a great guide but can i just recommend putting in something for the Hybrids like for training range and magic