• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Anime Discussion!

Started by Mami Tomoei, October 04, 2013, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: Sugax on March 04, 2014, 11:02:02 PM
Man I don't know what to say on this thread.

Guess I'll start with some of my top favourites.

Little Buster & Little Buster Refrain
Code Geass
Clannad
Angel Beats
Mirai Nikki
Shingeki no Kyojin

I could go on but these are the first few that was on top of my head :D

hows Little Buster? Im a huge fan of anything Key makes, but i just havent had enough oomph to push me to start Little Buster.

Is it kinda like Clannad? Drama Wise? or more like comedy with Angel Beats? You put it first on your list so I would assume it would be one of your favourites of all time.

Sugax

Little Buster and Little Buster Refrain is very similar to Clannad and Clannad after story, a bit shorter however. The first season Little Buster follows the protagonist who is just looking to have fun with his closest friends in their last few years of school. It's a simplistic yet enjoyable daily school-life with many humorous moments.

The second season however follows the same trail as Clannad After Story just as emotionally powerful. The first season is filled with melodramatic moments and the second season has thoughtful and meaningful story. It is one of very few anime where the relationships between the characters feel genuine rather than forced or manufactured. Refrain does a magnificent job of making the viewer feel like they are a part of the story rather than merely spectators.

Little Buster was in my personal opinion the best anime I've watched in 2013. If you enjoyed Clannad and Angel beats, I can guarantee you will enjoy Little Buster

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

yingyang06

The Evolution of Aisaka Taiga:

Young - Aisaka Taiga (Toradora!)

Teen - Ookami Ryuoko (Ookami-san to shichinin no nakama-tachi)

Adult - Kaga Kouko (Golden TIme)

Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

lo wut! Tsundere Queen shall only stay with Taiga D=

yingyang06

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on March 11, 2014, 02:51:07 AM
lo wut! Tsundere Queen shall only stay with Taiga D=

Taiga, Ookami-san and Kouko are characters by the same artists, which is why there is a large hint of taiga's personality in each. I found it pretty funny :P
I find it kinda funny how from Taiga to Kouko her shyness is hinted but her violence is often shown xD
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Gah i ended up picking up golden time.....

Damn its good!! Thanx for recommendation.

Also SS Linda pls win T_T

Mami Tomoei

Kill la kill Episode 23.. 1 week til finale!!

Tayzon_Day

Finished Highschool DxD New yesterday.
Loved it just as much as the first one :D

yingyang06

I decided to give Little Busters a try, I did like it but I have to say emotional wise and story wise both of the Clannad series was far better.
As for Golden Time, I'm starting to wish they didn't have a weeks gap in between! It's getting very good.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Tayzon_Day

Started watching Death note today. Seen 2 eps so far and gotta say it's damn good.
I'm sure this anime will be really good.

Tayzon_Day

DONE!

Watched all Death Note episodes in 4 days, was really good.
What I liked the most was that they are so damn smart, like predicting everything.
It was also very easy to understand everything (after they explained it), so no crazy stuff that bothers you.

I'll rate it 10/10.

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on March 21, 2014, 03:28:19 PM
I decided to give Little Busters a try, I did like it but I have to say emotional wise and story wise both of the Clannad series was far better.
As for Golden Time, I'm starting to wish they didn't have a weeks gap in between! It's getting very good.

Next week is the fucking finale >.<

i marathond up to ep 22. I prob woulda lost interest in the middle section of the anime.. BUT HYPE IS REAL!!!!

GOLDEN TIME
KILL LA KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPE THRUSTERS ON!!!

yingyang06

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on March 25, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

i marathond up to ep 22. I prob woulda lost interest in the middle section of the anime.. BUT HYPE IS REAL!!!!

GOLDEN TIME

HYPE THRUSTERS ON!!!

I know :( however I also know that there will be a second season of Log Horizon.
I really wish the Anime doesn't end on episode 24 for Golden Time as the Light Novel is a lot larger than what we have seen in the anime.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on March 26, 2014, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: Mami Tomoei on March 25, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

GOLDEN TIME

HYPE THRUSTERS ON!!!

I know :( however I also know that there will be a second season of Log Horizon.
I really wish the Anime doesn't end on episode 24 for Golden Time as the Light Novel is a lot larger than what we have seen in the anime.

andddd its overrrrr, =[[[

Best Girl Linda didnt win.. she kinda did with ghost banri. so i cant be upset :]

as for novel i heard it was ending soonish with the same time as the anime.

Tayzon_Day

Just saw the final episode of Kill la Kill
So damn good anime.

[spoiler]Rip Senketsu  :'( :'( :'(

https://mediacru.sh/HtKIk81pmEms[/spoiler]

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on March 28, 2014, 02:16:09 PM
Just saw the final episode of Kill la Kill
So damn good anime.

[spoiler]Rip Senketsu  :'( :'( :'(

http://mediacru.sh/HtKIk81pmEms[/spoiler]

ITS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

yingyang06

I should really watch Kill la Kill.
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on March 29, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
I should really watch Kill la Kill.

the OVA is coming in september, so you have til then to marathon the entire series :]

yingyang06

I've been keeping up to date with all the anime which has been released this month and I must say the following are the ones which have caught my eye:

- Akuma no Riddle
- Love Live! School Idol Project (Season 2)
- Fairy Tail (Series 2)
- Black Bullet
- Hitsugi no Chaika
- Kanojo go Flag wo Oraretara
- Bokuea wa Minna Kawaisou
- Blade and Soul
- Mahouka
- Brynhildr in the Darkness
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on April 10, 2014, 06:14:19 PM
I've been keeping up to date with all the anime which has been released this month and I must say the following are the ones which have caught my eye:

- Akuma no Riddle
- Love Live! School Idol Project (Season 2)
- Fairy Tail (Series 2)
- Black Bullet
- Hitsugi no Chaika
- Kanojo go Flag wo Oraretara
- Bokuea wa Minna Kawaisou
- Blade and Soul
- Mahouka
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what to watch this season :C

so far ive picked up
Black Bullet
& Captain Earth.

yingyang06

I recommend the following:

- Mahouka
- Black Bullet
- Blade and Soul
- Akuma no Riddle

and of course FAIRY TAIL!
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Tayzon_Day

Quote from: yingyang06 on April 11, 2014, 03:53:55 PM

- Mahouka
- Black Bullet
- Blade and Soul
- Akuma no Riddle

FAAAIIRYYYY TAILLLL

it's awesome, been waiting for so long for season 2. :)

yingyang06

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on April 11, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

- Mahouka
- Black Bullet
- Blade and Soul
- Akuma no Riddle

FAAAIIRYYYY TAILLLL

I don't know if you have noticed, but the animation is alot more Crisp and Natsu doesn't do those Magic Circles anymore.
And Wendy.... She's grown up!
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: yingyang06 on April 11, 2014, 11:58:21 PM
Quote from: Tayzon_Day on April 11, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

- Mahouka
- Black Bullet
- Blade and Soul
- Akuma no Riddle

FAAAIIRYYYY TAILLLL

I don't know if you have noticed, but the animation is alot more Crisp and Natsu doesn't do those Magic Circles anymore.
And Wendy.... She's grown up!

Anywho.. I picked up a few more series

-Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Ayasa VA <3)
-Black Bullet
-Captain Earth
-Date A Live II (Marathoned season 1 a few days ago)
-No Game No Life
-Soul Eater Not!
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures!
-Mekaku City Actors (?? I like it.. not sold on it)

3 Episode Test (On Verge of Dropping)
-Blade and Soul
-Selector Infected WIXOSS