• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

World of Warcraft

Started by Robertwb69, June 21, 2011, 01:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertwb69

I guess we need a new WoW topic since this is a new forum.
I'll start off by saying that Zemus is the biggest newb that has ever played.

My guild gave up on heroic nef 25m and wont be raiding anything till firelands.
What about everyone else?

Might as well add in your real id so people can add and invite to dungeons.
Mines [email protected]

Vephy

I don't speak this language.  This is a Runescape forum.

PS:  Mooses are smelly and drink sweet sweet lemonade.

Kyle

Well I haven't logged into WoW in god knows how long.. Been thinking about selling my account, just not sure.

Nick

Unfortunately I have had to slow down my playing, in preparation for an upcoming trip. I did just install WoW on my laptop, which I will be bringing with me, so I should be able to get some playing time in, when I am not busy.

I am a level 52 prot warrior atm. ##

Original Join Date: July 3rd, 2008
Posts from /forums: 3340
Vixose on Jubei'Thos

Reece

Got 5 weeks off for university holidays, don't know whether to get active on both WoW and RS again or just leave it as it is and play Xbox and work back up my console skills, as it's more flexible.

Either way i'm just getting as many toons as i can to 85 before 4.2, then farming the vicious gear on the new toons, as I've pretty much got full vicious on my other ones, then get a fresh start with arena and hopefully climb the ranks.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Robertwb69

Quote from: Reece on June 21, 2011, 03:17:18 AM
Got 5 weeks off for university holidays, don't know whether to get active on both WoW and RS again or just leave it as it is and play Xbox and work back up my console skills, as it's more flexible.

Either way i'm just getting as many toons as i can to 85 before 4.2, then farming the vicious gear on the new toons, as I've pretty much got full vicious on my other ones, then get a fresh start with arena and hopefully climb the ranks.
I'm pretty much in the same boat and decided to do both WoW and RS. I train my slayer here and there as well as do WG events then I raid on Mon-Wed :D

James

Whats vicoius gear, im level 85 how will i farm at 4.2?<3

Raging Mage2

Just to brag.
Havent played Wow in like 6 months, got 8 lvl 85s #

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Zemus

rob is noob and is jelly of my leetsauce pally

Eregion2

Busy stockpiling for 4.2, if it's anything like 4.1 most commodities should double or triple in price for at least a week.

Creeper975

Im gunna get back into WoW over the summer, miss it too much.

James

What you mean stockpile? Stockpile what? :(

Eregion2

Quote from: James on June 21, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
What you mean stockpile? Stockpile what? :(
Rare gems and shadowspirits, enchanting mats, truegold, pristine hides, volatiles, and ore.

I emptied a guild bank tab of rare gems in 4.1, so I figured I'd double that for 4.2 since it's actually a major patch.

James

I have like 4k gold atm what should i stock up on? :)

DestroyerDmc

I would get into this but i would only do it if i was playing with a clan tbh

James

Play with me you homo im level 85 ill boost your mofo ass

Eregion2

Quote from: James on June 22, 2011, 08:06:27 AM
I have like 4k gold atm what should i stock up on? :)
That's, honestly, not very much to work with. Although that makes it an interesting challenge, at the same time.

What's your characters/professions/levels, and server/faction?

James

Death knight, enchanting and tailoring (enchant 270, taylorsing 30) anachronos eu and alliance

Eregion2

Quote from: James on June 22, 2011, 06:54:16 PM
Death knight, enchanting and tailoring (enchant 270, taylorsing 30) anachronos eu and alliance
What level is your DK?

James

Eregion2

Mk. This is honestly even trickier than I expected since you're on a EU server, I can usually use TuJ to get a general idea of what a faction's economy is like but that's US-only. Anachronos isn't ranked particularly high on WoW Progress, either, so I don't want to make many assumptions about the environment you have to work with.

The first thing that comes to mind though is that I wouldn't stockpile for 4.2, or at least not very much. 4K isn't very much to work with, and I'm afraid that it'd limit your diversification too much and potentially be harmful if you put all your gold into one basket and have it not pay off. In comparison, I've got roughly 200K invested in stockpiling right now, so the difference is rather extreme.

If I was in your situation, this is what I could do.

Preparation:
  • Level enchanting to 510.
  • Stock up on:
    • Hypnotic Dusts.
    • Celestial Essences.
    • Heavenly Shards.
    • Some Volatile Air/Life.
  • Get Auctionator, or something like it.
  • Make shopping lists for:
    • Relevant enchanting materials.
    • All the enchants you can make.
  • Make a spreadsheet that:
    • Lists all the enchants you can make, and what materials they require.
    • Allows you to input costs for those materials.
    • Calculates the production cost for each enchant based on those inputs.
Alternatively, you could take a day or two to master TSM, which is an auction house addon with integrated profession addons, that will calculate your profit margins and the like for you based on auction house prices. That's a pretty big task, though, and in the end I guess I just prefer fiddling with my own spreadsheets.

Basically what's going to happen in 4.2 is something like this.
  • Firelands is released, which guilds will flock to.
  • The difficulty of T11 normal content will be nerfed by about 20%.
  • Guilds that can't handle Firelands will go back to T11 content.
  • People will also be running ZA/ZG to cap their valor points.
  • Valor point gear now will become purchasable with justice points.
  • Pretty much everybody gets a bunch of new loot.
Enchanting lets you cater to all of these people. You don't need the maelstrom crystal enchants to turn a profit, either. Enchant Chest - Mighty Stats is usually a great enchant to sell for a profit, and you get it at 425 enchanting. Think about all this first, though, and see if you think it's a good idea based on what you know of your server. Without TuJ this requires me to assume quite a bit.

Tailoring is one of the professions I know practically nothing about, so I can't say much there.  :-X  If you are genuinely interested in stockpiling though, even just a little bit, I'd look at truegold. Most of the 4.2 crafted items will require a bunch of them, and they're on a 1-day transmute CD for alchemists, so the supply will most likely be very limited after a day or so. I'm hoping to see some really high prices for truegold within the first week, but that also goes back to what you think you can reasonably expect to see happen based on what you know of your server. Raw inferno rubies might be another alternative, although not being a JC somewhat limits how much you'd be able to get out of them I guess.

I hope all that was at least marginally helpful; basically look for things people are going to buy, and be in a position to supply them at a personal profit. That's really all there is to it.

James

thanks dude, i doubt i have the money for 510 enchanting. Ill buy truegold and some of those rubys you talked about:) thanks again dude! You can teach me to play WoW properly haha im useless

BeeBee

any mage mind telling me their key binds..cant find my own lAyout thats comfortable
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Eregion2

Quote from: James on June 22, 2011, 09:18:58 PM
thanks dude, i doubt i have the money for 510 enchanting. Ill buy truegold and some of those rubys you talked about:) thanks again dude! You can teach me to play WoW properly haha im useless
Np, a handy trick for leveling enchanting too is to buy cheap greens/blues off the AH and disenchant them for mats. I think I saved like 2K gold or something outrageous that way when I leveled it up on my rogue. Maxed professions are very beneficial, so it's something you should consider sooner or later.  :)

Spicy63

Keybinds for my Mage by looking at an old screenshot and memory.

1 - Cone of Cold
2 - Fireblast
3 - Ice Lance
4 - Frostbolt
5 - Pet Nova
6 - Deep Freeze
F - Frost Nova
G - Counterspell
R - Frostfire Bolt
E - Ice Block
T - Ice Barrier
F2 - Blizzard
X - Mage Ward
` - Blink
a1 - Pet Attack
a2 - Ring of Frost
a3 - Time Warp
a4 - Arcane Explosion
s1 - Focus Sheep
s2 - Sheep Arena1
s3 - Sheep Arena2
s4 - Sheep Arena3

There's a good 20 or so more binds, but a lot of them are macros for focus binds with alt/ctrl/shift combinations.