• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Harp Level: 99

Started by His Lordship, December 07, 2013, 04:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

This is a harp piece I wrote when I was studying my undergraduate music degree.
"Once Upon a Winter's Wake" is so challenging that no performer would touch it for five years...
Until it fell into the hands of the masterful Anna Quiroga.
I am very proud of this composition, and her beautiful performance. I've waited a long time for this to see the light of day.

Once Upon A Winter's Wake - Eugene Marshall [2008]

The piece celebrates the positive qualities of winter, a season we normally associate with gloom and cold.
The freshness of the air, the crispness of the sunlight... things we often forget.

Patty

Sounds like really elaborate Runescape music, not a diss. It sounds really good :)!

Mister Kyle

Quote from: His Lordship on December 07, 2013, 04:21:16 AM
The piece celebrates the positive qualities of winter, a season we normally associate with gloom and cold.
The freshness of the air, the crispness of the sunlight... things we often forget.

That description is like, spot on.

Starzhine

OOO So beautiful. I can see icicles dripping with the sun making them all bright & shinny.  The whisper of the wind sliding snow all around a frozen lake when there is a perfect freeze and the surface is like glass. Then the sounds of expansion cracks as the frozen waters release their magic.

It is beautiful.

[spoiler=Happies]

http://[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Sorry I can't come into IRC.
Internet is being weird.
Thanks for the compliments guys :)
Poor Anna is ready to throw knives at me.
To me it didn't seem that difficult, but apparently I'm the harp-devil.

Flames377

Starzhine

We have Chrome Cast to our sound system and TV.

[spoiler=Happies]

http://[/spoiler]

Mister Kyle

http://i.minus.com/ibqkaBQUDmoTbf.jpg

I'm not going to put in [IMG] tags since you couldn't see the image in full detail, but the song would be great with this picture. (I KNOW IT'S SKYRIM GTFO)

His Lordship

Kyle I *am* actually looking for an album cover, but I think that Skyrim might pose some copyright issues :/
Real shame, because it would work perfectly.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Elyxiatic

I like the music you composed when you were younger.
This is a prime example.

His Lordship

Quote from: Elyxiatic on December 07, 2013, 01:55:53 PM
I like the music you composed when you were younger.
This is a prime example.
Yeah my music has become less and less accessible and it pisses me off that I'm losing touch with normal audiences.

Asaad

I saw this on my YouTube Feed, and there weren't any comments on there at the time. So I assumed if get them from the WG website ^^

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Keith

I've wanted to learn to play the harp for years. If only harps were even slightly affordable.

Kyle

Wow, Eugene! As you know I'm a big fan of all your music and this is a very beautiful piece! Please keep posting new music whenever you can, I love hearing them!

Dorcha3377

I love winter, its such a quiet, grey time when the earth sleeps, dreaming of spring.

Then there are times like today it took me six hours to get home during a winter snowstorm and
I find it less than lovely.

Kyle

Quote from: Dorcha3377 on January 29, 2014, 04:36:18 AM
I love winter, its such a quiet, grey time when the earth sleeps, dreaming of spring.

Then there are times like today it took me six hours to get home during a winter snowstorm and
I find it less than lovely.

Jenny!!! I've missed you! :(

I completely agree with the snowstorm thing, and this year it just doesn't want to stop snowing.

Dorcha3377

Buzzzzzzzy!!!!! <3 I have missed u too.