• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

How To Record Videos for RS?

Started by Al, March 24, 2014, 08:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

If there's one single thing that would be good for us, I think I could get something going by making videos of our 07 and RS3 events. You read that right, 07 also.

I by no means am a videomaker. I have no idea how to edit videos, and I don't even have my own 07 account to war with. I've been using a borrowed one that I have by luck, and it doesn't even meet the requirements. (In case you guys are wondering why I don't just make my own, I don't have the motivation nor time to retrain an 07 account. It makes me feel like I trained my original one for nothing.)

We've tried almost everything and the RS 07 thread, fansite posting (we have a topic on every single thread, simple friend referrals, even Lordy's recruitment. Everything is losing zeal.

Putting out videos would be good for us because it'll require us to be more active, show it, and attract people with that. It's also not difficult to do (for you guys at least).  It'll give the clan more value. Leaders will have something good to lead for. Others will also want to lead. This will follow with activity, and that's one simple thing that will sway recruits to join.

-it's better than picture topics most people outside of zybez won't care about
-also can link the 700+ twitter followers i've amassed for us (most of any clan twitter account. will also be exposed to lordy's viewers
-general public loves regular vlog-type videos, popularity (views), therefore prestige reputation and enjoyment can be achieved quickly
-most of rs public isn't aware of how fun pking can really be, wg is the perfect community and atmosphere for that
-easy to do. i don't even need to do all of the video recording, just hit the record button then send me videos of regular action (can be anything).  can be a chrisarchie-like everyone submits videos (to me) thing

So how do I go about recording videos? Best programs? For Mac? Windows? Can I download a good free one? I am willing to pay. How do I record just the window, without it showing the actual bar on top of the name of the window I have open -_-?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Patty

only read the last paragraph. You really need to learn to present ideas in a way that doesn't turn everyone away within half a seconds glance. I don't know about mac, but you could try fraps or bandicam on windows. They won't work on 07 though because it doesn't have openGL or direct X.

Mojo

Topic in 2 sentences:

Our recruitment methods are not working, we need to record our events and put them on YouTube.
Please tell me how to do this.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

geoff_7th

Quote from: Patty on March 24, 2014, 08:45:46 AM
only read the last paragraph. You really need to learn to present ideas in a way that doesn't turn everyone away within half a seconds glance. I don't know about mac, but you could try fraps or bandicam on windows. They won't work on 07 though because it doesn't have openGL or direct X.

:woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

Al

For those that need to be convinced of my cause and help join it, the text is there for you.

If not, then the title of the topic will do and complaining doesn't need to happen. I don't write a lot when it's unnecessary, but in some other cases there's a good reason why I'm writing longer text.

FUCK YOU GUYS
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Sugax

I use to use Camtasia which is a recorder and editor, but then I moved on to using Fraps for recording. Fraps records in amazing quality however uses a lot of space, like a 10min clip can be over a few GB. Another recorder you could use would be Hypercam.

I used Sony Vegas as my main editor, although you have to pay for it... or obtain it by other means. Final Cut Pro for Mac, again expensive software. There's always window movie maker.

For sounds you can record directly with Frap, although if you have background noises you can clean things up in Audacity.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kung_Man149

Al, programs like Hypercam, Camtasia, Open Broadcaster Software (Also used for streaming) all work to record video.
Editing can be done with shit like Windows Movie Maker (The end result is mediocre at best), Sony Vegas, iMovie if you have a mac.
The options are endless.
Send me a message through forums if you wanna know more.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.