• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

DayZ pc spec HELP!!!!!

Started by Dog b2, April 19, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog b2

I really wanna play DayZ but i don't think my computer is the right spec, a website called 'can i run it' says i can but my graphics card isn't strong enough to play it!

This is my spec computer:

Im also DDR3 for ram

and this is what the website says on minimum.....

and this is what the website says on recommended.....

guessing im going to need to buy a new graphics card but what one?

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Armybuilder

Which one you playing the original or the new one?

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Patty

Your GPU is whats holding you back, you'd be able to run it but on minimum settings and probably not full speed, I would suggest upgrading your video card.

As for what to get, it depends on how much you're willing to spend.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025
this is good for value.

JC

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on April 19, 2014, 08:33:05 PM
*waits for JC*

Hey I was on holiday n' stuff :3

I'm not overly familiar with Dayz personally, but in general Patty's suggestion is pretty good - it would give you a nice upgrade without having a ridiculously overspec'ed card relative to the rest of the system.  It's probably at or slightly above the 'recommended' spec in the screenshots provided.

Those 750/750 Ti's are amazingly efficient for the performance they supply, so you can normally get them without needing additional power connections.  Be careful with which one of them you get as I wouldn't guarantee that your current Power Supply would have a PCI-E power connector (which some 750 Ti's require, it depends what their specs are).

Here's a link to that card in the UK:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-evga-gtx-750ti-pcie-30-5400mhz-gddr5-gpu-1020mhz-boost-1085mhz-cores-640-dport-dvi-hdmi

Note - before anyone goes 'AMD is better for that price' - yep, and they have drivers that make the Russian govt look reliable so I generally avoid them at all costs, they're also a lot less power efficient at that price point.

The only thing I would be worried about is the age of your computer - the i5-650 is getting pretty old now, so if you've got a ~300w ish power supply it might be worthwhile replacing it, if you've got anything less than 300w then I would say it definitely needs changing (the total watts supplied should be clearly printed on your PSU).  That could potentially add another 75 pounds ish for a decent one.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Sum-41xx

I think you'll be able to run it. Although, when you're loading background distances it might get a little choppy. DayZ is pretty good as far as graphic settings customization is concerned.

If you start playing it let me know, I can show you the ropes. If it's DayZ standalone, just be aware that it's still in Alpha so you will die to glitches quite often. Don't get overly attached to your equipment :P

Dog b2

Quote from: Armybuilder on April 19, 2014, 09:09:15 PM
Which one you playing the original or the new one?
will be playing both games