Clans progress update

As most of you will already know, Jadex has announced an update to the clan system. In this update Jadex proposed making clan names unique. They could be registered and then no one else could take them. 

What some people might not know is that Jadex announced in their twitch stream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/927907051 58 minutes in)  that famous and historical clans could register their name in advance, by contacting Jadex some way. I suggest that the Wilderness Guardians do this, and register our own name, as well as "The Sabres" and "Sabres".

The Sabres have been documented by several OSRS Youtubers as the first clan in Runescape, and many players will be trying to register their name. What Jadex and the players may not know is that The Sabres merged with the Wilderness Guardians between 2012 and 2013. Many of our members are still Sabres, one of which is a leader of the clan. 

To preserve their legacy, and prevent some other clan pretending to be them, it would be preferable if we register this name too. 

Jadex said they would announce more about this closer to release of the update, which is scheduled for mid year. 

I hope that they do actually work with established clans, it honestly seems like a lot of work for Jagex to do this given the amount of clans and the complications with verifying that you're talking to the real clan of whatever name is being reserved. I worry that the big RSN sellers are just going to start reserving all kinds of clan names and then charging hundreds of millions to use the name. 😬

6 hours ago, Ivory Blade said:

To preserve their legacy, and prevent some other clan pretending to be them, it would be preferable if we register this name too. 

dont worry the sabres that are still around will surely take the name, if they dont i will on my zerk

Hatred_fav_accent.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, Ghost Sabre said:

Absolutely Ivory thanks for looking in to it! We will probably start tweeting/DMing some J mods soon to get their attention.

Out of curiosity, have you tweeted any J mods yet? It's still a way off mid year, but once they roll out the first test of the clan system (available to Jagex staff only for testing purposes), there will only be a week allocated to hand out the names to the old clans. In other words, they will need to know the names and who to send them too in advance (before the testing begins). 

Edited by Ivory Blade
Changed "of" to "off".

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, Ghost Sabre said:

Absolutely Ivory thanks for looking in to it! We will probably start tweeting/DMing some J mods soon to get their attention.

I heard in clan chat recently that the clan has already registered their name. What name(s) did we register? Was the name "The Sabres" able to be included as well? 

On 4/22/2021 at 1:57 PM, Ivory Blade said:

I heard in clan chat recently that the clan has already registered their name. What name(s) did we register? Was the name "The Sabres" able to be included as well? 

Yes we submitted to register WG. I've contacted another ex-leader of The Sabres and he is registering it.

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png