How do you cure being burnt out?

Lil Ducky

This game is such a grind and can be so soul crushing sometimes lol. I usually always gravitate towards afk methods over click intensive/tick manipulation training. But that's just me personally. Also if you like Pking, PvM should be fun too? Maybe switch it up with some LMS?

If you want some suggestions on things to do then diaries are always useful unlocks and good to work towards, you can chip away at skill reqs you need for those.

But don't force yourself to play lol, if you only enjoy coming on to pk then do that. If eventually you feel like playing more then that's cool too

Sometimes it really helps to just play the game for as long as you enjoy it and leave. Sometimes I just play 20 minutes get bored and go offline, do something else like watching tv or playing other games.

For me its important to for example not go do something else and afk. I left rs because i got bored so still playing it on the side makes no sense.

Really often after some time i feel like, damn today i want to do x on runescape and start enjoying it again for a bit

Right now for me other than pking its going for a pet and going for the cosmetic rewards in lms.

But its changed a couple times for me. If im getting bored I just try content until I find something I like. So far, I've always found at least one thing or two things to do. I guess if I didn't, I would just stop playing the game.

award.PNG.4eaeec3d8ac183a325ce6e4c3a309fb8.PNGwilderness-guardians-member_of_the_month.png

I'm the same as you, I tend to solely PK. I am on during the day but I try to make it as afk as possible as I am always working anyway, so it doesn't feel as bad. Even on the off chance I am online and active of an evening and not PKing I tend to do some semi-afk stuff like Corp so I can chat shit with other WG guys or watch netflix or something at the same time. 

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif

Just pk for a while and you'll get the urge to go do other stuff after a month or two. Happens to all of us brotha. 

Best part about the game is the friends you make. Doing anything solo or not in VC can be tough. Try to jump in voice chats and just talk while grinding. 

Smoke.gif

smoke_late.png

grc.gif.452d5c4ae0896f7570b6cec4bd3d3744.gif.7b174a9acbd8ac7f1e0e26ad3fa1037d.gif                                                                            Bfishing.gif.78298943a29add16fdd27002a8dec293.gif

Spoiler

image.png

Imagefavorite_official.gif

best-caller.gif

New_MotM.png

Personally my thing is to keep switching it up do some skilling, some quests, some clan events whatever really just keep doing different things rather than the same thing over and over. I feel much more burnt out after a skill of the week when ive put everything into one skill than i would if i did several different things. Clan events is always a big thing for me though some things its just more entertaining to do with other people than it is to do by yourself. Also I definitely do as much as I can either AFK or semi afk at times whilst watching netflix or even doing house chores etc lol

gagility.gifGcooking.gif.f45285d6474edf60c7fd690af2ff2240.gifBhunter.gif.33289edaeaf1902c518b397d522ce626.gif

Groedius_pm_mojo.gif

I feel ya.

For me sometimes a break from the game is good. When you log in after that, you might find things diffrent and have diffrent goals. Also, just do whatever you feel like doing in the moment! go to castle wars, make your POH look pretty, chat with people, anything that you feel like doing in the moment!

On 8/12/2021 at 8:17 PM, Zemus said:

If you want some suggestions on things to do then diaries are always useful unlocks and good to work towards, you can chip away at skill reqs you need for those.

But don't force yourself to play lol, if you only enjoy coming on to pk then do that. If eventually you feel like playing more then that's cool too

Wise words

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

Do not concentrate on efficiency. There is no time limit on RS goals (unless self-set e.g trying to beat a record)

Play your own game and don't compare yourself to others, do what YOU enjoy. The levels/experience/wealth will come to you in time.

If you do something you don't enjoy, you will eventually stop doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've reached the point of feeling burnt out from rs many times before. But currently I've been enjoying the game more than ever, and its lowkey because I'm NOT sticking to just 1 thing. I'm all over the place, from skilling to pvming, to pvping. Just making money to build my bank up. Whenever I feel like I'm bored, i'll grab an AFK skill or activity and throw on some netflix. Eventually WG pulls through with an event and you can enjoy with the boys or find something to do because the AFK activty wasn't fun enough lol. 

TLDR; have long term goals to aim towards and just play the game 1 day at a time. Enjoy your clanmates, some of the most fun is with others. Quick way to burn out and feel miserable is playing this grindable game alone.

image.png.736dfd40146518945cda6fa5fdf0749d.png

I typically just play until I feel I'm getting bored and then move on to another game or IRL activity. I'll then comeback a few hours later, or a day later and just repeat the process. It usually tends to help.

From someone who has taken several hiatuses, I've found it best to come up with a few goals you can push toward that way if you begin to burn out on one you can switch tactics and change up what you're doing. On that same note though, don't force yourself to play if you don't want to. Take a day or two break and recharge.

• 3 weeks later...