Hi. I'm Goti.

Goti

Goti

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Coty (which is why my RSN is Goti), I'm 29 years old and married with a 1 year old son.  I was born and raised in Tennessee.  I work in manufacturing leadership and I have a degree in IT with a focus on security and networking (and I use none of these skills lol it was a complete waste of time and money).  I started playing RuneScape in June of 2004, though I didn't really start taking it seriously for about a year after that.  

I created a new account after a few years with plans on turning it into a ranged tank.  I never could have imagined how far it would go... My RSN during those days was Tank N Slay, and if you were active in the med level PKing community anytime from 2007-2012 there is a good chance you might remember the name.  The account was beastly and if you look up Goti on the RS3 hiscores you can still see remnants of my time as a ranged tank with the low att/str XP but high def/ranged/magic XP.  That account has been largely frozen in time since EoC dropped.  I don't hate EoC as a concept but I'm still bitter to this day because it nullified the accomplishments on that account from a combat/ranged tank perspective.  

I created my OSRS account when it came out, but didn't play at all really until August of 2020 when my son was born.  I played for 2 weeks then, because I had paternity leave and he slept a lot.  I stopped playing after my leave ended, but came back a couple of weeks ago and I'm here to stay.  I won't be able to play like I used to, but I plan on putting in at least an hour each day, and up to 4 or even 5 on the weekends.  Slow and steady!  

I'm mostly doing things in-game right now that unlock perks.  Quests, diaries, etc.  I just finished RFD for my B gloves and now I'm working on the skill requirements for the hard diaries.  Working on 75 Smithing right now.

Clan history.  

Whoa boy.  

I was never in a clan prior to creating Tank N Slay.  I joined Valhalla (a rune pure/ranged tank clan from back in the dayish) and left after a year or so.  I created my own clan, Saint Honor, which maintained 40-50 members for about 2 years. We disbanded and I then joined Spirits of Arianwyn, but I wasn't really feeling the culture.  I haven't been in any clans since SoA.

How did you hear about us

I have known about WG for years, but MYL mentioned WG as a potential clan I could join accompanying my return (and true start) to OSRS.

Do you plan to join?

Yeah, probably so.  There is a high probability. 

Any last comments?  

Maybe...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a similar background. I did IT for 2 years in college and i'm like ... "Why am I paying to learn this stuff.... I'm not even creating anything new". So, then I pivoted to engineering!

Always good to see more parents; makes me feel like i'm not the only one slacking off from parental duties ;)