[Accepted] Goti

Goti

Please join our Discord server and read the #joining_wg channel to see the final step in the process.

Goti

What is your current RS name? Goti

List any previous RS namesTank N Slay (pre-EoC)
Goti Taila (2012-2014)

What is your total level and combat level?

Total level: 1,375

Combat level: 94.6

Tell us about your RuneScape account and history.

I started playing RuneScape in June of 2004. Come 2008, I abandoned my first account and created a new account. I turned that account into a Ranged Tank, which I eventually maxed. I was working on my non-combat 99s and 50M Slayer (36M) and 200M Ranged (106M) when EoC dropped. If you were around then, you remember how it changed not only the fundamentals of combat, but also how combat levels were calculated. It became Defence + your highest offensive combat skill (mine was Ranged) + 2 for a total max combat level of 200. I was a ranged tank with 200 combat, but only 70 Attack and Strength (and 74 Prayer).

I couldn't compete with the mains. I went from level 106 to max combat level. In an attempt to adapt, I trained my Attack and Strength to 99. I continued to play, kind of, for 2 years into 2014, albeit much less and without the same drive to achieve. Sometime in 2014 I realized I no longer enjoyed the game. Not to mention the constant nagging thoughts about how I could be playing OSRS and actually enjoying myself, hindered by my lack of desire to start all over again.

Eventually I found myself less overwhelmed with the idea of starting over, and so here I am. I haven't gotten very far, as you can see by my total level, but I'll get there. I have about 10 days of play time on this account so far, and about half of that was during the 2 weeks of paternity leave when my son was born in August 2020. I've done some quests, just finished RFD about a week ago, and now I'm working on skill requirements for the remaining quests and the achievement diaries.

My favorite skills are Ranged, Slayer, and Agility. Although I've not done much of any of that since starting cause I want to get all the quests and diaries done first.

Tell us about your clan history.

I was in Valhalla (a rune pure/ranged tank clan) back in the day.

I also founded and lead my own clan for 2 years from late 2009 until EoC dropped.

I guested with and briefly joined SoA for a short time.

I haven't been in any clans since 2014. In fact, I haven't played RS3 at all since then.

Tell us about your yourself.

My name is Coty. I'm 28 29 years old, and I was born and raised in Tennessee, USA. I have a degree in IT that I don't use, and I work in manufacturing. I like to hike and love to camp. My favorite thing to do is just to spend time with my kid and my wife. I like all kinds of music, from Country classics to modern Horrorcore rap. I literally like it all.

How did you hear about us?  MYL responded to my post on the "looking for a clan" section of the RSOF.

What makes you want to join us? I've been guesting for about a week in the in-game CC, mostly listening and getting a feel for the atmosphere. I need a home in OSRS, truly, and someplace I can grow alongside others.

Do you agree to the rules and requirements of WG and understand that this is an honour clanYes

Come clean about anything that may deter us from accepting you: I don't want to put this here, because it's something I'm really ashamed of, but I fear someone will find out at some point anyway. Back in 2011, when free trade (and the wild) returned, I killed a guy in Edgeville and when he died I told him to sit.

(there's actually not anything to put here, I haven't done anything stupid in RS since maybe 2007 aside from being muted a couple of times, but even that was years ago)

Edited by Goti
Fixed mistake

Congratulations, you have been accepted into our community!

You are now an Initiate Guardian and have 3 weeks to attend 3 events, reply to at least 10 posts and graduate.

Here are some useful links:

• Graduations - you have 3 weeks to post your graduation form. You can post it before you reach all the requirements and fill them in later.
  • Unread content - gives you the latest posts. Keeps you up to date.
  • Important Announcements - check frequently for major updates.
  • Calendar - all events are here, listed in your own time zone. You can even host your own.
  • Discord - keep notifications on for #osrs_announcements and #graduation. We'll never spam you.
  • Recruitment Tips - help expand our clan
  • New to PvM or PvP? Check out the #pvm-help and #pvp-help channels on Discord.
  • Use !corp, !cox, !cm, and !tob commands in our Discord to get role pings for PvM groups.
  • Use !pvp to get pings for PK trips.

Important: as our clan chat is public, please do not talk about PvP events in WG_CC. Use Discord.

I and the staff are happy to answer any further questions.

Welcome to our clan!

P.S. Got two minutes spare? Take this optional survey to help us with our recruitment process.

P.P.S. Are you a Discord Nitro subscriber or have a lot of IRL money? 🤑 Consider giving us your Nitro Server Boost. See #nitro-boost on Discord for info.

oct.png

Skeet.gif