Old School Economy - Future Plans

A little too late.

They should've kept the 2 min. death timer. Now you can do literally everything PvM and don't lose any shit. Makes no sense if you kill vorkie in 40m+ gear and have to pay 100K whenever you die.

They should at least scale the cost of death according to the value of your gear(or bank) to make it a bit fair.

There's no risk anymore besides PvP in this game. Only if you're really dumb and somehow die again while retrieving your items from the safety of the IRS.

theweakshouldfearthestrongk.jpg.3b9e29698395a861c20faaee06bb440b.jpg

Spoiler

bestfriend.jpg.a6477b72390f9e2e26fb0e7202d961a0.jpg

wguserbar.png

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

3 hours ago, Lait Choco said:

A little too late.

They should've kept the 2 min. death timer. Now you can do literally everything PvM and don't lose any shit. Makes no sense if you kill vorkie in 40m+ gear and have to pay 100K whenever you die.

They should at least scale the cost of death according to the value of your gear(or bank) to make it a bit fair.

There's no risk anymore besides PvP in this game. Only if you're really dumb and somehow die again while retrieving your items from the safety of the IRS.

Well actually your death cost does scale based on gear. The exceptions are places with their own gear retrieval such as vorkath, zulrah, grotesque guardians, and nightmare.

Items below a certain value are free to reclaim then it scales as a % of it's GE cost. If you manage to reach your grave in 15 mins, it's 100k cap per item but if it goes to death's office, the cap is removed.

Gfishing.gif

bcarpentry.gif

New_MotM.png

Genesis-Zero.gif.123aabd9acac43c8cb4dbdb97b8fb046.gif

4 hours ago, Lait Choco said:

They should've kept the 2 min. death timer

I agree that death costs should be increased, but the 2 min death timer is outdated. It made sense back when your BIS costs were a few mil a piece, but an unfortunate death could cost you well over a bil now.

https://www.wildernessguardians.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2017_10/bronzehpbadge.jpg.86e2c4cc836101b9918362cbc2385932.jpg

https://www.wildernessguardians.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_03/b1urryfeb2022.png.f1e4d7471090e7f6d7f9289847021d1b.png

image.png.63e5093de5aac3b265fa5d522c18cf1f.png

image.pngimage.png.be95786992f08a15955223459eb01d92.png

The issue is, Death had a consequence. People can go in max gear to any boss without fear of losing items.

Whilst before you had to have either trust worthy team mates to grab your stuff, or your make a loss/have to run non max gear.

This has made the game a lot easier as its taken away any fear. Otherwise somebody would either be grabbing your gear to keep/or your have to dash back in 90seconds before somebody can loot, or if somebody/you couldn't get there it would de-spawn and be removed from the game. No items get removed currently after the added in Graves due to the DDOS attacks the game suffered with the mass disconnects causing deaths. 

The Wilderness bosses have Risk Vs Reward. With so many on Reddit people complaining about having to losing stuff to death, it's completely warped the attitude to death and risk vs reward over the past few years. 

Nothing ever leaves the game any more. It's too safe and the Economy is suffering due to the oversupply of all the high end items which just stay in circulation. 

I like the new proposed implications to the GE as it is a step in the right direction. As for death not being punishing anymore, I would say that dying in an unsafe area and paying a 5% reclaiming fee is pretty significant. A 5% fee for a 400m raids set would cost nearly 20m to reclaim if you missed your 15 minute gravestone grace period. I like the 5% reclaim fee but do not think the 15 minute free gravestone reclaim is punishment enough.

If it were up to me, I'd remove gravestones completely and just have the 5% reclaim fee. I'd also make this fee take into effect in all of the "safe" death areas of the game.