Day job?

Anarcho

Sweet topic for discussion, especially when trying to meet people - I was going to ask you to clarify yours, but I almost think it would be a cool idea if each person posts their work picture and others have to guess! For you I am guessing you're an electrician for commercial buildings? Or is that HVAC? Wish I knew what the tool was in front of you.

For work I am an engineer in the automotive industry. Figured if I posted a picture of a car or design you might think it's pretty obvious, haha.. but who knows that could mean anything from being a mechanic to a program manager or even to a salesman!

image.png.0309a1ef833b7b3566274b846b84671c.png 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

44 minutes ago, AshyKneecapz said:

Im unemployed right now, but i used to be a security guard at Target. I've been trying to get into the I.T field for years now, with no luck.

You get caught stealing boxes? Lol jk do you have schooling in any I.T program? Thats a start. 

1 hour ago, Anarcho said:

You get caught stealing boxes? Lol jk do you have schooling in any I.T program? Thats a start. 

lol nah i lost my job cuz of COVID. I have my associates degree in computer tech and have my A+ Certification. Unfortunately, companies dont give a shit about either of those things if you dont have actual experience in the field. You know how it goes, can't get hands-on experience at a job in the field because everyone requires you to somehow have hands-on experience before you get the job.

Edited by AshyKneecapz

I am gamur

scarpentry.gif.ca815c186dafa9ee85cc9d59e6be0390.gif.5e9faea913e343373729106595f334c6.gif Jan 2022

unnamed75.gif.bcc4812be3e3b8593e2fce90ec1d8167.gif Feb 2022

grc.gif.452d5c4ae0896f7570b6cec4bd3d3744.gif.7b174a9acbd8ac7f1e0e26ad3fa1037d.gif.38674f444e06d12cf435fe24d08c3b0f.gif Mar 2022

Gwoodcutting.gif.c779c80f9510d7fe0b9b2eb772cff834.gif.b8c0b66f3168fddd8c10260ab1913c32.gif May 2022

2 hours ago, AshyKneecapz said:

lol nah i lost my job cuz of COVID. I have my associates degree in computer tech and have my A+ Certification. Unfortunately, companies dont give a shit about either of those things if you dont have actual experience in the field. You know how it goes, can't get hands-on experience at a job in the field because everyone requires you to somehow have hands-on experience before you get the job.

Thats rough man. I got lucky after I finished trade school they had job placement after you graduate to get experience. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, Abyss Sabre said:

I work in Cyber Security for a Fortune 1000 company.

Welcome

On 10/23/2022 at 3:36 PM, jawa said:

I’m a certified master plumber I work in kcmo area pic taken from roof of apartment building we are doing lol

46DABAD4-BDF5-4DE9-912C-84B15C838DD4.jpeg

Nice man I did commercial pipe fitting installs before I became a technician 

On 3/9/2022 at 7:53 PM, CP8 said:

Sweet topic for discussion, especially when trying to meet people - I was going to ask you to clarify yours, but I almost think it would be a cool idea if each person posts their work picture and others have to guess! For you I am guessing you're an electrician for commercial buildings? Or is that HVAC? Wish I knew what the tool was in front of you.

For work I am an engineer in the automotive industry. Figured if I posted a picture of a car or design you might think it's pretty obvious, haha.. but who knows that could mean anything from being a mechanic to a program manager or even to a salesman!

As for me...
For work I am an engineer in the automotive industry. Figured if I posted a picture of a car or design you might think it's pretty obvious, haha.. but who knows that could mean anything from being a mechanic to a program manager or even to a salesman!

(I work at the same company as CP8)