First Infernal Cape and a Story

CP8

Many of you might know about my relatively recent infernal cape achievement.. be it from raiding/ pvm'ing with me or seeing my infernal cape squirrel picture (two of my proudest achievements).. though you may not know of a fun story behind it. Yes it was a grind and yes it was a fun and stressful time, week after week and attempt after attempt. What you could easily imagine, is that many of the people around me started noticing that I was doing something.. I was focused on something and could not ignore it. This was the infernal grind. Although 98% of these people, specifically my friends, family and coworkers, had no idea what runescape is apart from when they would see me skilling on mobile or a "what the hell is even that?" when I am slaying bloodvelds. So eventually they would ask the question and learn that I am going for whats called the infernal cape.

My girlfriend knew this and actually stumbled into a conversation regarding runescape with one of her coworkers. They said how their roommates would play nonstop all day every day.. and she was like yep that's the game! As mentioned before, she knew I was on the inferno grind and so she had mentioned. The coworker said ah cool let me mention it to my roommates and maybe they can add eachother. The next time they worked together, the coworker told my girlfriend that the roommates were jaw dropped and freaking out. Saying no way no way we still can't even do the fight caves! That was the moment she was like shiiiiiiiiiiiii boiiii my man's not so much of a scrub after all. This was part of my motivation, since I was still on the grind for some time after, but once I did do it they quit and sticked to smite. Kinda sad to not see them ever online again, but it was a hell of a run and did not come easily. It's one thing in this game to spend vast amounts of hours doing brainless clicking, but some of the challenges where it takes focus and dedication, that is what I love most about this game.

TLDR : Just say you're going for the infernal cape and you get clout.

image.png.0309a1ef833b7b3566274b846b84671c.png 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Some people just get jealous when they see you improve too much, its sad to see. I've had friends stop playing when they saw me leveling up like crazy as well. Im glad you stuck with it, the infernal cape is one of the best flexes(if not the best) in the game imo

I am gamur

scarpentry.gif.ca815c186dafa9ee85cc9d59e6be0390.gif.5e9faea913e343373729106595f334c6.gif Jan 2022

unnamed75.gif.bcc4812be3e3b8593e2fce90ec1d8167.gif Feb 2022

grc.gif.452d5c4ae0896f7570b6cec4bd3d3744.gif.7b174a9acbd8ac7f1e0e26ad3fa1037d.gif.38674f444e06d12cf435fe24d08c3b0f.gif Mar 2022

Gwoodcutting.gif.c779c80f9510d7fe0b9b2eb772cff834.gif.b8c0b66f3168fddd8c10260ab1913c32.gif May 2022

Well a belated congrats to you! I'm getting on that inferno grind myself. What mechanics did you struggle with the most? I'm having to put in some time to learn how to handle blobs with everything else cause I just get shredded with the lower defense.

Any wisdom and experience you can share for a wave learner? I have most of the simple mechanics down, but struggle when I get into the low to mid 50s.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:59 AM, Hexecutioner said:

Well a belated congrats to you! I'm getting on that inferno grind myself. What mechanics did you struggle with the most? I'm having to put in some time to learn how to handle blobs with everything else cause I just get shredded with the lower defense.

Any wisdom and experience you can share for a wave learner? I have most of the simple mechanics down, but struggle when I get into the low to mid 50s.

As sad as it might sound a lot of my attempts were abruptly ended because I would try and 1t flick magers, and I would end up messing up (not double clicking or clicking late), and dying as a result. I would try flicking as much as I can since I have seen so many people recommend conserving prayer, but it ended up just costing me time and additional attempts. By the time I hit my last few attempts I would just camp mage pray or lazy flick them (only turn prayer on the 1 tick they will attack). I would then only 1t flick rangers since they deal less dmg and I can heal off them more easily if I mess up. By the time I started finally getting to 60s and Zuk, I had so much practice in the early waves that I would get there with plenty of supplies.. and so it felt like I had spent far more time than I needed to, since I was not like many people who have literally 0 supplies by the time they kill zuk.

It's certainly a grind, but there are many resources you will find here or elsewhere. Each time you talk with someone you will hear about a new way to safespot different mobs or what to do or where to go in certain situations. Having these conversations will save you plenty of time in the long run, but make sure you don't be greedy and keep pushing passed the brick walls that are certain waves like the 50s and 60s. Any experience is good experience and do not ever consider it a waste. Stay motivated and try to enjoy it. You'll gain so many skills mechanically and try your best to stay confident the whole way. You got this!

image.png.0309a1ef833b7b3566274b846b84671c.png 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...