Community Intro - HubertTheMad

HubertTheMad

HubertTheMad

Tell us about yourself.

Hello!

My name is Hugh Crowder, and I was browsing through the OSRS clan forums and found this website. I've been playing since 2004 (I think that's right, I have a yo-yo in RS3, so at least 2004!), used to play on my friend's alt account with him starting around 2019, and only started OSRS in terms of my own account at the beginning of the year.

I love all sorts of video games, especially MMORPGs and fun "party" steam games like Phasmophobia, Jackbox, etc. I really love doing everything in OSRS (even when grinding the not-so-fun skills and achievements), but am a big fan of PvP and PvM. I used to PK a lot before the wildy was removed, and enjoyed those huge clan wars in F2P and P2P.

I think it's cool that old clans like this one is still around, as sadly I don't really talk to the people I used to play with back in the day, and it's really nostalgic to think about how Runescape used to be.

I'm looking forward to joining this clan eventually, I just want to max first before I do so, because I want to enjoy PKing and PvMing without needing to feel like I have to grind skills and achievement diaries. Basically, I want to get to a point where I just log in to hang out and do social events, PK or PvM instead of logging in to skill or grind before I join a clan.

I'm also a huge fan of computer keyboards, and am deep in the keyboarding hobby. Feel free to check out some sound tests that I've uploaded on my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaPdlJFl252U_d6aKAS8V1A

Clan history.  

Damage Inc

How did you hear about us? OSRS clan forums

Do you plan to join? Eventually

Any last comments?  

Just wanted to say hi at this time, and to say that your website and clan look sweet! Hopefully I'll join by the end of this year or sometime next year when I'm maxed :)

Edited by HubertTheMad
shameless plug for my youtube channel

17 hours ago, K1W1 said:

Welcome! Your profile reminds me of The History Channel logo.

That's an impressive tenure on Runescape! Looking forward to you applying, maybe you can set up some Jackbox game events for us, use to do it all the time

Haha, I know, right? When making all my socials and stuff, I just googled the letter "H", and thought it also looked like the history channel.

15 hours ago, s m o k e said:

Welcome to the forums, throw in an app I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Thanks! I will for sure.

1 hour ago, WG Divine said:

I love seeing posts like this. 

Feel free to come and chat in our cc as a guest while you go for max. How far off max are you? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for the offer, I definitely will! Just 1911 at the moment, but thanks to good ol' COVID, my work went completely 100% work from home in 2021, so all I do every day is get paid to play OSRS haha. I know it's not "optimal training" to do maniacal monkeys, smithing dart tips, cutting rubies, etc., but I've just been doing the afk ways of training for most skills so I can still focus somewhat on work.

image.png.124aa54d78abc032e8528f0f466743b6.png

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 5:30 AM, simmooooons said:

How’s the max grind going these days? @HubertTheMad

Hey friendo!

I think I got to 2020 something and then stopped completely in August. Life, work, and a new keyboarding hobby took over haha. Hopefully I can restart the grind in January, but I haven't even logged into OSRS since August!