Runefish

Runefish

Hi guys,

I've been hanging out in the public channel for a bit. Can't seem to get onto discord.

Current name for OSRC is 'Runefish',

Not sure if I want to commit again to RS after grinding so hard back in the day, but I'm so glad to see Wilderness Guardians still here. It's been a weird rock throughout my life.

I've been playing RS since <2007, when I think I was 13. Met up with Eugene, Steve + I think Darkzero + Keanu in York in one of the first IRL meetups. Not sure you can do that these days without being bummed.

I think I came back during my uni days and I was a bit of a prick, mostly drunk, I can't remember - but I have a feeling that I burnt a lot of bridges and purposefully trolled a lot of people.

Anyway, I'm not here to join again, i'm enjoying checking out OSRS whilst I have a tiny bit of downtime in my life, and wanted to check in with you all. Massive apologies if I did cause any grief in the past, i'm now 30 - likely around 16 years after I first joined. The fact that you can even have a character arc IRL in a runescape clan is absolutely insane.

Anyway, a bit about me-

Joined WG during secondary school in the UK. My friend and I used to do a bit of luring, bad (but legit at the time things - good memories looking back) always told him I wanted to join WG for the ARPK thing - I loved the moral value thing after the whole luring business, weirdly at that age it meant a lot and tbf maybe a psycholgist could do a study on how all of this shapes us.

Got a few apps declined, got PKd by you guys by accident, on the old forums there was a section where you could log it for compensation I think - kind of mad thinking about that now.

Ground to 99 fishing, some of you were there, thanks - probs cost me a few GCSE grades.

Anyway RS3 came out and like some, it was time to leave.

I came back when OSRS launched, I think I was at uni - and may have just been a bit of a troll for fun. I dont remember much of it but I do think you tolerated me for a bit then rightly told me to fuck off. - IRL I joined the Royal Navy, then left - started my own business 2015-2022. Not much time for gaming. Apparently I did make a charecter on OSRS - Runefish, I think it was during a hard time in the business, - to relax perhaps.

At some point in the time above I joined a WoW guild, Dicentra - same kind of guys as you, long history, core roster - you know the actual people. They're still about after ages and thats why I think game guilds/teams/clans aren't stupid, they're friends and real bonds and tangible things that mean things to people.

Anyway, business shat the bed after 8 years, Brexit, Covid, Ukraine (cost of living, lack of consumer confidence), so I lost everything besides the EXP. Logged back onto OSRS now I have the time for the memories - and thought about you. I was so glad you were still here.

I don't recognise the names, and you might not know me, and i'm worried that if you do it was at the period when I was a twat. But for the most part I was a full on WG loyalist, every PK run, training, war. I'd always get 1 banged before I could switch to defensive/ run behind the rocks - but I was always there. Just making the bank.

Anyway guys,

I miss you, i'm glad you're still here, fucking go get them. We're not gunna take it.

Runefish Signature.jpg

• 1 month later...