Getting some new gaming stuff

Drubbz

So coming around is Black Friday and I think I'm gonna get myself a little upgrade. I've gotten myself a free nvidia 1070 graphics card. And I think I will also end up purchasing more ram. But most importantly I want some advice on a new screen and headset

im thinking of a 24" screen with freesync and pretty good graphics, not 4K. I found a screen that is curved, I've never had a curved screen, will this fuck me up playing runescape?  

I would also like advice on what headset I should get as none of mine work with my pc so I'm silent on discord for ok trips which is a lot less fun.

any advice on monitors and headsets let me know and give me links! USA is my location by the way!

On 11/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, WG Lohow said:

I would not recommend a curved screen for gaming, go with a straight but get a 144hz one (also gsync is sooo nice). I use the hyperx cloud headset 1, really comfy, good sound & mic and not that pricey. 

Cant provide you with any usefull links as im from Sweden :) 

I totally second this! 120/144 hz is a dream and you really can't go back to gaming on 60 hz afterwards. It's hard to explain why it's better but basically everything just seems smoother.

Update guys:

20minutes ago i purchased a headset, i got the corsair VOID pro RGB, after opening box it turns out its wireless! It connected without issue all i had to do was plug in a usb and turn headset on, very comfortable and the sound is great. Bought it for $80USD at Best Buy here in the states. Ive only used it for a few minutes but I am very impressed.

Currently i have my eyes set on a Asus VG248q 24" monitor with 144hz and freesync, if anyone has any more monitor opinions before i pick one up let me know! I plan on purchasing it for black friday when it is on sale for 170$ instead of 270$

Thanks for the input guys

P.S. I tried on a pair of the hyperx cloud 2's and they didnt feel super comfy for me, my head is more or less a watermelon, so fit is weird on some headsets