Fifteen Years of the Wilderness Guardians

Mojo

Crazy to think that a community has managed to stick together for this long, especially during the times when the game was really struggling.

All I can say is well done to everyone and it is a shame that I was not there alongside you all sooner.

HvWof8E.png

Man that was well done, nice job guys.  Really took me for a nostalgia trip to the ole days but it was fun to see what WG has been up to lately.  WG truly has always been such an influential clan in RS over the years.  

BTW- I don't know if I ever saw that screenshot of the fight between Lordy and Tmal that led to d-day in 2006.  That was intense.. and I certainly don't remember being that irate at Gene. Makes me wonder if I was actually in that chat how things would have gone.  And to think that was 12 years ago!  I am so old..

26 minutes ago, Twizlers300 said:

BTW- I don't know if I ever saw that screenshot of the fight between Lordy and Tmal that led to d-day in 2006.  That was intense.. and I certainly don't remember being that irate at Gene. Makes me wonder if I was actually in that chat how things would have gone.  And to think that was 12 years ago!  I am so old..

https://wildernessguardians.com/archive/tmal.htm

there's the full convo ^

rCTf3Lo.png

Oh man... you summed it up really well Mojo.

A few things.

I agree with your belief that it was our ability to adapt and try new things that let us live this whole time. Runescape changed a lot, and we really had to work hard to keep up. I also think it was sheer luck. Between you and me, we had two leaders who persevered. It really wasn't easy and not many people had the tenacity to stick things through. That's where your second point is especially relevant... we had beliefs worth fighting for, and that motivated us to keep going through the hard times. Finally. I think the real life meetings were critical in keeping us alive. We stopped being a game and started really becoming a community.

Also... wow at the Tmal screenshot. I don't remember it being that intense either.

Third, thanks for the compliments everyone. Narrating this video took a while because I had a very dry mouth haha.

Founder of the Wilderness Guardians

Leader, 2003-2013

Awesome video! nice to learn about the clan history

Well done to everyone who contributed to the video

Im glad to be part of this clan :D

i also like that my quest cape event is in there! ( 19:58 ) was not expecting that!

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png