Music: Post Your Favorites!

Thottpilgrim

Hey guys! Like a lot of you, playing Runescape is my main hobby, but music is both my career, and my passion.

Through it my life has found the kind of joy and purpose I never would've thought I could feel, and I've bonded

and formed relationships with some of the greatest people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

If you're so inclined, drop the name of, or a link to your favorite song(s), album(s), or artist(s), and say what they

mean to you, or if you just outright enjoy how it sounds. I'd love to know what my clanmates listen to, to see what

we have in common, and hopefully be introduced to some new music myself!

My favorite song of all time is "Your Heart Is A Muscle The Size Of Your Fist" by Ramshackle Glory. It's a folk punk

tune written about the friends of the band's front man, one of who committed suicide. The message of the song to

never give up, and to keep pushing on through the hardships of life meant so much to me that I got a chest tattoo based

on it.

My favorite album of all time is Misser's "Every Day I Tell Myself I'm Going To Be A Better Person".

The main songwriter/backing vocalist/rhythm guitarist of the band, Tim Landers was formerly a member of the band Transit

until he did a lot of less than cool shit to his bandmates, and many of his friends. The record is about his journey to become

sober, and to stop being such a piece of shit to the people in his life. 

My favorite band of all time is Hammock. They're a post rock/ambient band based out of Nashville, TN who I discovered

during a very difficult period in my life where my anxiety and mental health issues kept me from being able to sleep at night.

Through listening to their music, which did wonders for my anxiety, I was able to eventually get back on a healthy, normal sleep

schedule.

your crush.png

Well, despite my RSN being named after Senses Fail, a post-hardcore band from New Jersey that's bridged a couple genres over their time, my favorite band all time probably has to be Silverstein, another straight up Post Hardcore band from Toronto, and one of my all time favorite records is Animals from the English Math Rock band TTNG, which I actually  drove about 10 hours to see in full in October with their original singer, which was absolutely unreal, they're one of my all time favorite bands in that scene and I've been wanting to see them with that vocalist for legitimately 10 years, chaboi may have cried once or 5 times

2 minutes ago, SensesFail said:

one of my all time favorite records is Animals from the English Math Rock band TTNG

I still haven't listened to a single TTNG record aside from Animals, but that's because I honestly don't expect anything else they've done to live up to it. The fact that it's still your favorite only kinda reinforces that. 

your crush.png

Just now, Thottpilgrim said:

I still haven't listened to a single TTNG record aside from Animals, but that's because I honestly don't expect anything else they've done to live up to it. The fact that it's still your favorite only kinda reinforces that. 

For what it's worth, it's a very close 1a 1b situation with their first EP, I just love the singer from those records, everything after that is all still in my absolute top math records, Disappointment Island is incredible, they actually just did an acoustic re-release of animals that was so damn good