Community Intro - pitpirates08

pitpirates08

pitpirates08

Tell us about yourself.

Hi WG, I'm Pit/David. 28 years old, live in the US (sorry about our president). I've played RS off and on since 2004 (half of my life!) and been active on my OSRS account for about a year total. Despite all that time, I've never achieved a 99 in any skill but I'm hoping to change that in 2019 and who knows, maybe max this account in another 14 years XD. Currently sitting at 118 combat and 1860 total.

Clan history.  

WG has always been a special place for me. I started off with my first clan (Emerald Dragons I believe) around 60 combat in RS2. I spent a couple of years there during middle/high school and stayed with the next version of that clan (Scarlet Empire) through to probably 90-100 combat. At that point, I think we might have actually closed? Either way, I left in search of bigger and better things.

That's when I found WG, probably on RuneHQ forums. The website was invigorating, the clan was welcoming and competitive with any other clan in the wilderness; it was everything I wanted. I wasn't particularly close to the requirements (I want to say maybe 108 or 110 combat?) but every week I grinded every day after school at Pest Control to get into WG, and finally made it.

I can't pinpoint even the exact year as it was so long ago, but it seems like this was close to WG's peak. We were top 5 in p2p and top 20 in f2p and shared good rivalries with DI, RSD, BK, DF, DOA, and ROT. I believe we were allied with CL, RR and 'The' Alliance clans ('The,' Gladz, TMRD, Jaguar) and of course Sabres. We were the first 100+ combat clan to pull max ops to a p2p war (I believe this was against either BK or BD, or maybe The Dynasty?).

I logged into my old RS2 account a moment ago and pulled some of the names from my friends list that were in WG at the same time as me: Lordy, DarkZero, Stokenut, Snowzak, Kenshin, Malekithrulz, Tnuac, Fireblast, Iron This, Dorcha, Multikill, Twiz.

I don't think I was in another clan after WG.

How did you hear about us? Former member

Do you plan to join? Let me get to know the community, and we will see ;)

Any last comments?  

So much of what OSRS means to most of us is reminiscing, and today has for sure been a walk down memory lane. Looking forward to chatting with some of you about the good old days, and maybe even making some more of them.