Favorite Games Outside of OSRS

Huskington

I'm interested in what other kinds of games you guys play, or maybe you don't play anymore but still love. I'm trying to find something new to play so osrs doesn't suck the life out of me. There are a lot of gems in the gaming community that I might have never gotten exposed to. For example, right now I'm playing a game called Risen that was made in 2009. I had never heard of it, and even though its old it was very well made and lots of fun. Maybe list the game title, the year it was made, a genre, and a short description?

I'll start with some of my favorites... All 10/10

Gothic 1 (2001) - Open world 3rd person RPG - A kind of medieval game where you are thrown into a prison colony with a magical barrier around it. You have to work your way up through the ranks and eventually destroy the barrier.

Might and Magic: Mandate of Heaven (1998) - Open world 1st person RPG - Classic medieval dungeon and dragon slayer RPG. Great game.

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (1996) - Turn based strategy - Another medieval game. Recruit creatures to build an army and destroy the opposition.

Age of Empires 2 (1999) - Real time strategy - I think everyone knows this game.

You can probably tell I really love games in medieval settings. I really dislike futuristic games, just don't appeal to me.

I've always been an RS man at heart, played since 03, but I do enjoy some other games from time to time. In college it was sports games like NCAA, FIFA etc. Now its RS, some league from time to time, play some shooters every once in a while as well. Back in the day I also enjoyed some starcraft and AOE.

Edited by Gamer Dad

acbf6c.png

I've always been a big fan of singleplayer RPGs like Dragon Age: Origins and Baldur's Gate II.

Singleplayer games I'd recommend that are very good:

Dragon Age: Origins - Fantasy 3rd person RPG that's a classic. Pretty well known but has a great setting and characters. 

Baldur's Gate II - A wonderful pen and paper experience translated to CRPG form essentially.

System Shock 1 & 2 - Futuristic dystopian RPG that's fantastic in atmosphere and horror. I know you dislike futuristic settings but I'd definitely recommend it.

TES: Morrowind - Pretty famous as well but man, it's a classic. Pen and paper RPG translated to CRPG form but it definitely hasn't aged too well. Still great. 

But currently, I pretty much only play OSRS and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. 3s is a pretty old 2d fighting game that still has a pretty large playerbase. Been playing it for a while and it really outshines a lot of modern fighting games. The competitive scene is pretty strong and they even have a huge annual tournament in Japan that gets like 30k+ viewers on twitch every year it pops up. So if you're willing to take on a pretty hard fighting game, download Fightcade and hit me up for the ROMs. I'll help you get past the grueling beginner phase. 

unknown.png

My favorite game of all time, hasn't changed once, would be Suikoden II (1998). This game is a turn based JRPG set in a war torn country, with tactical wars and 108 people to recruit to your cause. I just love it...want  to go beat it again now lol.

I second the Dragon Age series and Baldur's Gate (Icewind Dale is good as well). I'd also throw in Divinity Original Sin 2 to check out that's similar to these.

A strategy game I've enjoyed recently is Northgard. It's not a super in-depth crazy micro manage, but I enjoy the Norse setting and it's fun.

A strategy/city builder that's really good is Frostpunk. Basically ice apocalypse and you're leading a team that goes to the Arctic where generators were left to try to survive the steadily dropping temps.

I could keep going, but I'll stop with two hack and slash games Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Happy to give more recommendations if there's a specific type you're looking for ^_^

Gmining.gif @ +2,869,194 exp

I've only been back into OSRS fully for the last 4 months, so it's taking up all of my gaming time while I reach some of my high priority goals.  Once the honeymoon phase is over and I'm able to play some other games, I'll likely play the following at least once a week:

• Star Citizen - @Huskington would hate this game...futuristic Sci Fi.  It's early in development, but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the current state and I watch the on-going development closely.
  • Overwatch - I'll put several hours into this game every season, has a short shelf life, though.  Don't think I need to describe this one.
  • Insurgency Sandstorm (steam link) - Realistic FPS.  Very intense, very enjoyable.  
  • FFXIV - RPG made by Square Enix.  Raid mechanics can be really cool and you have to be very thoughtful with your skill rotation in lieu of a 2.5 second GCD.

Some other games I'll dabble in randomly, but not as consistently as the games above:

In the past, I've enjoyed big name games like Runescape, WoW, LoL, CS, Diablo, etc...I no longer play these now (except OSRS obv).  However, I'll sure as hell jump on Diablo 4 when/if it releases.  @Huskington The only game in my repertoire I think you may enjoy is Total War, check it out!

Edited by Malzaphite

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Currently outside of OSRS I mostly just play:

• League of Legends
  • MTG Arena
  • Dungeons & Dragons (Board games/Tabletop games count right?)

Some of my all time favorite games would be:

• Mass Effect Series (If I had to single one out it would be the 2nd)
  • Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
  • Super Mario 64
  • Halo Combat Evolved (I used to put so many hours into rocket launcher only lobbies)
  • Diablo II

Some games I've enjoyed in the past but no longer or rarely play:

• World of Warcraft
  • Minecraft
  • Diablo 3
  • Terraria
  • Path of Exile
  • Stronghold Crusader - Real time strategy game set in the middle east during the crusades
  • Overwatch

itachi_no_chikara_by_cebzab.png

my most played games on steam are:

-RimWorld (topdown colony management game)

-Call of Duty: World at War (mainly for the zombies gamemode)

-Skyrim

-Terraria

Ive also played a fuuuuccckkk ton of Minecraft lol (if i had to guess: 6000+ hours)

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png

I attempt to play Rocket League more than I should, rarely play Sid Meier's Civilization 5 with friends, and played the shit out of the old DayZ mod for Arma 2. Also @GurtJun we should run a few games of World at War zombies some time.

I have a list of games you might wanna try if you love the medieval style genre!

Skyrim: i'd give this game a 9/10, it's an amazing free roam open world RPG where alot of choices you make affect the world and how it evolves, I would give it a 10/10 but it does have some annoying bugs that can break the game in some ways though it's rare. best to quick save often to prevent this.

Fallout genre (specifically 3, new vegas, and 4): all in all this is an amazing series of games that are open world RPG where yet again choices impact the world around you. lots of crafting, loot upgrades, leveling up, skills, stats etc. i'd give this game a 9/10 as well.

Witcher 3: this one is mainly story-driven but it is also yet again a really nice open world RPG. beautiful graphics and scenery, really nice combat flow that keeps you on your toes. this game definitely deserves a 9/10

Borderlands: i'm not going to put a specific title like borderlands 1/2/3 cause they are all good. great choice in weapons, great story with some funny comedic elements and moments. really just a great title if you want a chill story shooter game with cartoony graphics. would give this an 8/10

Dvinity Original Sin 2: ok so I haven't put as many hours into this as the other titles but I have gotten about 3/4 way through the game. if you're looking for a good turn based RPG this is one for you! great graphics, spell/ability animations and storyline. wouldn't buy it though unless it's on sale on steam. would give this title a 7/10

World of Warcraft: i'm actually surprised nobody mentioned this game in the above posts. great MMORPG with a HUGE community and playerbase, can be boring playing solo so find a nice fun guild and friends to play with and it can be a blast. classes may not be as indepth and challenging as they used to be but overall it's a good MMO. 

8 hours ago, 10-34 said:

we should run a few games of World at War zombies some time.

I like to play it, but i suck sooo bad at it

highest round was Der Riese round 21 solo

highest round with friends (3 man) was 24 on Nacht der Untoten

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png

Used to love WoW, raided hardcore most tiers but this xpac is just awful. Favourite games though are FF franchise (10 was my first gaming love) 7,10/2, 12, online was great when i played it and i enjoyed 15. looking forwards to 7 remake! Witcher 3 i have completed twice with all DLC and is the top of list so far and huge fan of God of War, can't wait for the next one. ESO is a great game aswell which i really enjoyed and of course skyrim to name just a few! love my rpgs! suck at shooters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of awesome games being mentioned in this thread so far. Since i've always played multiplayer games from a young age, not many singleplayer games have been able to hold my attention.

An actual absurd amount of free korean mmorpg's that are definetly not worth mentioning XD. (hit me up if you wanna know i'll spam you the names endlessly) As a kid i was too poor to play World of Warcraft.

League of Legends since beta and still on/off

I'm a big fan of card games. I have played hearthstone since release for about 3 years, until it became garbage thanks to blizzard.

Magic the gathering: Arena also really fun if you're not afraid of the learning curve.

Skyrim is definetly one of my all time favourites.

Fallout 3

If you're half decent at mechanics, Rocket League is actually an awesome game to play.

I actually still really want to play the new God of War and Spider-Man. However I don't have a ps4 so feelsbadman.

I''ve been playing Forager (PC) and Rocket League lately (name is koods__ if anyone wants to play). I used to play a lot of Magic the Gathering irl but my work schedule hasn't been great nowadays. 

silver-magic.gif.9dca896ec1f1cd2b841555234e19b1c6.gif.ac2873642887d6694949f386814ad2b3.gifsilver-hp-badge.gif.d9631f26b53955c204e0c49e02ce4bc9.gif.8f1df75b98900c7c3d08ed4518752d02.gifsilver-ranged.gif.eeef5cca8f50fe1cbd726ac19b64b140.gif.42939800d8821fc7105a1fd2d822e85c.gifGthieving.gif.60a56c5e1beb97108bcde7f559419599.gif.d8745643cc52ea3999a46796c368ce0f.gifSfishing.gif.80617fc3092ced14cd5f5e3e2da21c99.gif.bb67b39baf91f394327a3be47f17c1b7.gifbagility.gif.52f651c1c9ec5d9478d3c8ca38006bdc.gif.0643945372ae67b486d23f147a09e9f7.gifGsmithing.gif.14f264842b29903e9576878bd23c932d.gif

MOTM_JULY_2021_KOODS.png.e94f6c0df125478a63f74887239b0a44.png

Advent_Calendar_Badge_2022.png

Vorkath Champion  Vorki.png.75b343a3d8212b8afb1dcf41357cfd54.png 04Dec21       

Spoiler

2022 Advent 24/24

Agility:

Fishing: 

Thieving:

Ranged:

Hitpoints:

Magic:

hmmmm. The other go to's that I usually play is:

The whole counterstrike franchise! I used to play super competitively on ESEA (CSGO) - Won a couple LAN tournaments a few years back with CSS with small prize loots. Probably the only shooter that feels good to play without the stupidity of battle royales all the time. Probably my favorite game of all time besides runescape.

League of Legends - Highest rank I ever got was Plat 1, been tanking ever since LOL 

Hotwheels aka Rocketleague - Horrible at the game, play on the keyboard instead of the mouse but mostly troll and get banned from that game. 

Other MMO's - Guild Wars 2 - Got a couple maxed mains that explored the whole world and stuff, didnt get the new expansion because I had no friends to play with so I usually did the PVP scene and climbed up there, but its nothing like the thrill of actual pking on runescape

ESO- Played a bit, but the same - never really got into it because I had no friends that played that game. 

BDO - Same as above

Path of Exile - D3 - Fun game in short bursts, IDK how people make crazy builds and shit CBA to be honest

Lastly, Starcraft - Just because every asian I know plays that shit

Edited by GODATPVP

Capture.PNG.e00f69037073f7cf96f26c238793a500.PNG 

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png.364f0d78674ad1bbea4a5fa345a28e27.png RITUALIS.png 

• 3 weeks later...