Sign in to follow this  
Cybeck

Warding

Making a discussion thread to talk about the varying opinions on warding specifcally why some people don't like it at all and why it "ruins the game" to them.

It's like old osrs joke:

Q: How many runescape players does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 50, 1 to change it and the rest to complain about how the old one was better.

Im up for everything new to OsRs. 

I would welcome new content like that but I still doubt that warding will pass the polls. (also tinfoil hats on if it passes because poll is going to be hidden /s )

I wouldn't mind it really, makes sense to include it to complete the skill trees. We have crafting for making mostly ranged gear. Something for melee so warding for mage is kinda a no brainer.

People complain that it wouldn't be best in slot so it would be pointless would you do any high tier PVMing with rune armour lol

Warding currently in the dev blog is not to my liking. The bootleg summoning (conjuring), the obtuse skilling process, the bloodbark robes that legitimately let tank in robes now (chance to block 50% of melee dmg????) is all really gross to me. I'm voting no unless it gets drastically changed. Even then, I'd rather have that development time focused on other things. 

Seems to be impossible to find a skill that 75% of OSRS players would actually accept. Should Jagex just give up and never introduce new skills? 🤔

As for Warding itself, I agree with the pussy cat's comments.

I'm interested to see feedback from the playtest they're planning on doing with it, not sure how I feel about it yet.

47 minutes ago, Maskington said:

It will pass now as they have hidden results and can make it go the way they want

The real reason poll results have finally been hidden

I don't know how I feel about Warding. Even if the new skill is awesome, there is the chance they will add a terrible skill after thinking we cant more. Nostalgia is a real reason why I have continued to play, would hate to see the fundamentals of Old School change.