Tech Support - SSD/HDD

Ghaleren

I recently picked up an SSD, as I had been putting it off for a while. I went ahead and just did a clean install on my SSD, as I couldn't slim down my current drive enough to bother cloning it over. I understand I'll have to reinstall most of the programs, as the new registry doesn't apply, but I'm currently having issues figuring out how to sort through everything else (pictures, documents, etc.). My understanding is that I should have no problem accessing those, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm assuming taking ownership/changing admin privileges to include access to all drives should resolve this? Overall, it feels like I've sort of just gone and wiped it all, and started a fresh PC build again. Any advice or clues as to how I can streamline this all, or gain access to everything on my old HDD, while utilizing the SSD primarily for booting and assorted other apps? (Should be noted that this point, without having progressed further, that I plan to change privileges, then simply reinstall all other programs/apps that won't run off of the clean install. From there I'd pretty much reformat the HDD and begin utilizing it as extra storage again.)

Unfortunately windows doesn't play as well with drives as one would hope. 

Once you have installed your OS on the new drive you will indeed have to reinstall all of your programs on the drives that you want them.

If you want things like my documents, pictures, etc. to live on your hard drive, you will need to manually go through and change the location of each to point where you want it. By default windows will put them on your c drive.

There are 3rd party softwares to make this more friendly, but sadly windows does not have an excellent native solution.

Edited by Telepath