Warding update.

I don't know why Jagex doesn't put this on their main site but they've released another warding "blog". This time it should be optimized because a guy who makes OSRS maps and a ""content creator"" who RWT'd and got banned for it were asked to change the bad stuff. That should give you a thought about the fine gentlemen in charge of this skill.

theweakshouldfearthestrongk.jpg.3b9e29698395a861c20faaee06bb440b.jpg

Spoiler

bestfriend.jpg.a6477b72390f9e2e26fb0e7202d961a0.jpg

wguserbar.png

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Looks like we are definitely getting it. I dont understand why thy would put something in that (from what i see) the majority dont want when they vote everything else. Atleast they are taking away its combat applications afaik and are nerfing its armour etc. Thats better atleast.

Jagex views the addition of a new skill into the game as an excellent way to promote it and attract new players. At the outset, this is fine; however, the heart of the issue at hand is that their decision to continue to devote time and personnel to the project, despite the apparent backlash, is an indication that the investment is too steep to abandon at this point. The community will get warding whether it wants it or not. Unfortunately, the plan is to keep changing its design until it's either something actually decent or the complaining about it dies down enough.

Fuck no keep it old school enough new gay shit has been added. If they add summoning to old school I quit once and for all. Should've been fucking 2006scape and no updates. I only play old school because all the 2006 private servers are dead and gone. I miss you Moparscape.

Edited by Tyfryguy

11 minutes ago, Tyfryguy said:

Fuck no keep it old school enough new gay shit has been added. If they add summoning to old school I quit once and for all. Should've been fucking 2006scape and no updates. I only play old school because all the 2006 private servers are gone. I miss you Moparscape.

Nobody would play 2006 only runescape. Updates r necessary, otherwise game will die. 

2006 runescape was fun, only becuz stuff was new to us and we were kids. 

Edited by Adult Cat

giphy.gif

Im personally looking forward to a new skill. I love the feeling of everyone rushing to train new content. One of my favorite runescape memories is them adding Divination in RS3. But ofc its still old school, so they should listen to player feedback.

9 hours ago, Tyfryguy said:

Fuck no keep it old school enough new gay shit has been added. If they add summoning to old school I quit once and for all. Should've been fucking 2006scape and no updates. I only play old school because all the 2006 private servers are dead and gone. I miss you Moparscape.

I liked RS best 2005-2006 for sure. As soon as eagle eye/mystic might were released, that was the golden age.

I wouldn't mind a new skill, I don't want them to take the ring imbues from NMZ tho as originally described. I think most of the new armor originally described would be sick af! Then again they could easily add a bunch of mage PvP (multi cb) items and integrate it into crafting/smithing.

TL;DR - IDGAF but I want bloodbark and soulbark and those f2p battlerobes that increase spell speed

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

• Retired Leader
12 hours ago, TheSleptKing said:

Looks like we are definitely getting it.

It hasn't passed a poll yet. Jagex are currently taking a big gamble on the design phase in the hopes that it does pass when they eventually poll it. As ever, the players will eventually decide.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

12 hours ago, Mojo said:

It hasn't passed a poll yet. Jagex are currently taking a big gamble on the design phase in the hopes that it does pass when they eventually poll it. As ever, the players will eventually decide.

I don't know for sure but it seems they have invested way too much time into his to not be giving it to us. They really want this added from he looks of it even though there has been backlash from the community 

• Retired Leader
10 hours ago, TheSleptKing said:

I don't know for sure but it seems they have invested way too much time into his to not be giving it to us. They really want this added from he looks of it even though there has been backlash from the community 

if Jagex force this through without polling it they will cause a lot of players to quit. They will definitely poll it.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

The more posts about warding I see the more I become upset and dislike the idea of warding. I am not against updates to the game we love, but make them revolve around the skills and aspects of the game we already enjoy. The foundation of Osrs has been set; build on it and listen to the players. Osrs is unique as a game and will survive only if it holds to what makes it unique: Osrs is nostalgic, reminds the older players of simpler times; Osrs also has simple combat mechanics so that multitasking is what brings in the difficulty when bossing, pvp, ect; finally, Osrs' simplicity (of graphics, quests, interface), compared to other games on the market, makes it hilariously fun. The nostalgia and simplicity are characteristics not every game has and which makes the player base novel. I LOVE the polls and apparent appreciation of the players' thoughts that Jagex holds. I hope they honor this perception and respect the players' thoughts on warding.  

outlaw4.thumb.jpg.172fd5d72f65097c1a0452a76d461d9f.jpg

I think warding is gonna be super cool and is going to bring fresh changes to the way people pvp/pvm, as well as introducing the concept of a skill-based item sink to the game, the latter of which is becoming more necessary as the days continue.

gz.png