Jagex Cancels Poll Early

Classic Jagex

"... but would have enabled us to do exciting things for our players with partners such as Twitch, Discord, and more. "

Do they believe this themselves? Anyway, glad that joke is canceled.

theweakshouldfearthestrongk.jpg.3b9e29698395a861c20faaee06bb440b.jpg

Spoiler

bestfriend.jpg.a6477b72390f9e2e26fb0e7202d961a0.jpg

wguserbar.png

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

If they can find a way to add MTX that is as one-dimensional yet tasteful as bonds are, I think people won't mind. I don't feel like I'm alone when I say I'd LOVE to throw money at Jagex. But it has to be healthy for the community as well as the development of the game.

gz.png

I haven't been back long enough to feel relevant to vote in that poll, but i definitely made sure to cast my "not voting" votes. Idc if we will allll get the loot at some point, that is just the start. Slippery slope. I play osrs because I cant afford games with mtx lmao. RIP my Bit Heroes account.

dachamp.png

1 hour ago, Guisep69 said:

What does "mtx" goes for? I'm quite the ignorant on this topic.

microtransactions

aka the killer of (paid) games

so many people hate it because of *points at rs3*

Edited by GurtJun

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png

EOC and MTX were different things. MTX happened before EOC did, with the introduction of the loyalty program, squeal of fortune and the ability to buy spins for a potential p2w scenario of farming for bonus exp, exp lamps and items worth money. EOC happened a bit after and was the nail in the coffin for a lot of people who grew tired of unpopular changes to the game.

gz.png

Yea I dont have any clue why they ever thought anything like this would pass. I dont mind partnerships, thats cool. Advertise another company. But anything that can come from them should come come for completely free, from day one.

404227201_RCBanner.gif.3c682711188d197b38e5cf58f69912f4.gifFM Banner.gif

WC Banner.gif

their whole thing was "these are cool aesthetics we know the players want but we need to justify paying for them". they could've done what they've been doing the entire time with cosmetics; adding them to clue scrolls. they could've done events with clue scrolls like "We added all the aesthetics for houses/teleport skins/emotes to clue scrolls and we will do events as a part of every update which will vastly increase the chances of certain items, brought to you by This Company, That Company, etc".

the new investors and whoever their head of marketing is are morons, this shit is basic.

gz.png

• Retired Leader

I'm gonna throw a curve ball here and talk about Fortnite.

This is by far the most popular game today. This game has mtx but ONLY cosmetics. Therefore cosmetic only mtx is proven to work but maybe not for OSRS? who knows!

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

10 hours ago, Mojo said:

I'm gonna throw a curve ball here and talk about Fortnite.

This is by far the most popular game today. This game has mtx but ONLY cosmetics. Therefore cosmetic only mtx is proven to work but maybe not for OSRS? who knows!

I don't think people are concerned about the cosmetics, but the whole idea of mtx itself. It may start of small, but knowing Jagex, that will probably spiral out of control. See e.g. loyalty programme in RS3 and auras. Auras started off with some minor boosts, but now, as far as I know, is a requirement for most high level activities.