What was that decision in life you chose that helps you feel happier every day

Hij263

I was a junior in highschool when I started to work out, I started off just doing 10 push ups, sit ups and squats in my room. Over the course of a few weeks 10 turned to 100, and 100 turned to joining a gym and developing gym friends. I ended up developing a routine of going to the gym for 3 hours a day every day(excluding Saturday for religious reasons) I soon realized you will never be the most respected version of yourself until people think you're attractive or strong enough to beat them up, I would rather not fight anyone but just being stronger in my day to day life and being able to help people really make that difference from who I used to be.

Best decisions I've made were starting to workout around 5 years ago, studying a shit ton and working on some very decent friendships that will always come in handy trough the life :) 

spacer.png                                          asdad.gif.fa3f33da2cd58d70cb0bf201915da014.gif                                                      unknown.png.8062327190f1529aecdf9ba741bef85e.png

TBH losing weight. I played club and high school soccer and have always been in great shape but I gained some weight in college from not working out and drinking heavily. I've started eating better in the last year and hitting the gym more. I've dropped 50 or so pounds in the last year and a half. Now sitting at 6'00" 195. I feel like i have way more energy and just healthier overall.

deep topic, well, exercise is defiantly towards the top of the list of things leading to my day-to-day happiness. I also find meditation helps me sort through my thoughts and construct a more tangible route to my goals. I used to listen to lots of classical music, and occasionally still do, when I was stressed out. But, now a days, I find silence is my real source of strength. Knowing who you are, what you want to be, and what is going on around you in any moment are powerful pieces of information.

outlaw4.thumb.jpg.172fd5d72f65097c1a0452a76d461d9f.jpg

I went to a standard state university and felt stuck in a rut like many other college graduates.  So I went to power line lineman school.  I really wanted to do telephone work but didn't have any experience related to the field but the lineman program was just enough to get my application looked at.  Happily working for the telephone company and glad to look back and see hard work pay off.  I guess my best decision was just not giving up, and learned the hard way college education does NOT equal success 100% of the time.

Education for me is probably one of the most continuously liberating aspects of my life. I try to read every day and at present I'm studying for the LSAT. Exercise is a bit too difficult for me to remain consistent with because I haven't built the discpline. My days of sadness come from the days where I feel like I haven't expanded my mind. Best decision I've made was to continue my education after undergrad.

• 2 months later...

Working out is essential for the mind whether it be a 5 minute workout or a half marathon. Watch this motivation video from Boxing Legend Tyson Fury....

Genghis-Bong.gif
_______________________________ Gwoodcutting.gif_______________________________

____💨 One Very ub_high.png 💨_____

Insta:  http://instagram.com/A_High_Jedi
Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/ahighjedi

On 9/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Spankinz said:

buying a brand new bmw as a mkid life crisis lolol

Nice! What'd ya get? I am thinking of getting an E36 M3 and giving up my reliable but no-fun 2018 Subaru BRZ.

Starting martial arts changed my life 8 years ago. Boxing / kickboxing supplemented with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Gave me something to look forward to after school / work, and built friendships that will certainly last past a lifetime.

Also, kicking stuff is an amazing way to release any angst and to calm and centre oneself :)