WG Warding Poll

Warding  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How did you vote on the Warding poll?

• I voted yes
    • I voted no
    • I'm not going to vote
    • I skipped the question
  2. 2. Would you ever vote yes for a new skill?

• Yes - if its right for OSRS
    • No - I will never vote for a new skill in OSRS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/19 at 04:00 PM

I hope not; one vote, one chance. It becomes a dance of 'who is willing to buy more votes' if it keeps going to the polls. Tbh, i am kinda upset to see how many ppl support this skill for one, and, for two, the idea of more skills. I honestly believe the 'more skills better game' mentality was the fall of rs3. History repeats itself. It will take  a major break in the game for me to support a new skill. Plz, add more content to the established skills and don't try ruining a good thing. 

outlaw4.thumb.jpg.172fd5d72f65097c1a0452a76d461d9f.jpg

• Retired Leader
1 hour ago, WG Townsman said:

I hope not; one vote, one chance. It becomes a dance of 'who is willing to buy more votes' if it keeps going to the polls. Tbh, i am kinda upset to see how many ppl support this skill for one, and, for two, the idea of more skills. I honestly believe the 'more skills better game' mentality was the fall of rs3. History repeats itself. It will take  a major break in the game for me to support a new skill. Plz, add more content to the established skills and don't try ruining a good thing. 

why do you feel more skills will result in the downfall of the game? Are you worried about XP rates going up? Overpowered items coming in? Personally I don't really understand the logic.

The "fall" of RS3 (it's still there with 20k concurrent players which most games would love to have) came from mtx and eoc, rather than new skills.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

> 'more skills better game' mentality was the fall of rs3.

RS3 only added Summoning, Dungeoneering, Divination and Invention, only one of which being a pretty big deal. Even then, summoning and dungeoneering were part of rs2.

gz.png

• Retired Leader
8 minutes ago, WG Jester said:

RS3 only added Summoning, Dungeoneering, Divination and Invention, only one of which being a pretty big deal. Even then, summoning and dungeoneering were part of rs2.

I'll repeat the question I asked Townsmann. Why do you feel this resulted in the fall of that game? Personally I feel it was eoc and mtx that dropped the player numbers. (the game isnt dead)

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

16 minutes ago, Mojo said:

why do you feel more skills will result in the downfall of the game? Are you worried about XP rates going up? Overpowered items coming in? Personally I don't really understand the logic.

The "fall" of RS3 (it's still there with 20k concurrent players which most games would love to have) came from mtx and eoc, rather than new skills.

My initial thought is that summoning made exp rates sky-rise which resulted in less pride when attaining 99 in other skills: it also made attaining items easier so the value of items dropped as well. This is the first and most important example that comes to mind.

But, you may have a further point, Mojo. Perhaps it is not only the 'we need more skills attitude' that ruined the game for me since the interface/display/playing experience of rs3 also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This leads me to recognize that perhaps I really am hesitant to vote yes to any big changes because they can snowball into the creation of a game which i don't like from one which I love. I know this is not inevitable but I watched it happen and I am worried it will again. Call me old fashioned (or illogical for falling to the slippery slope fallacy) because I am irrationally scared of change, but I watched a game I love die (to me) only to be resurrected thru osrs.  

I believe Jagex is adding skills primarily for new players; to gain a larger player base. Profit rules and more players equals more money. But, osrs was brought back because players respond to the simplistic format of the older game. Why? I have no clue and can only guess. Therefore, too many changes can lead to less rather than more players(even if these same players who end up leaving initially thought they wanted the changes only to find they didnt after its too late). <--This is one reason I think the polls should have less questions because it is difficult for the average player to do the background reading for every question being polled. 

My personal belief is that the formula for the perfect game has already been found in osrs. Further tampering is only going to get away from the heart of what old school scapers respond to. As I said above, add new content thru the skills already in-game; add more armor, weapons, spells; take them out if they are broken, but don't reshape the game by adding more skills for the sake of novel material to promote in order to get more players to play osrs for a month or 2 before they leave for the next game.

41 minutes ago, WG Jester said:

The rs2 I knew did not have any of these skills except for summoning; I quit around the time dungeoneering was being released. 

The current raids 1 is a very abstract version of Dungeoneering with a narrower scope of theme and less of an emphasis on skill use and puzzle solving.

Dungeoneering, as it stands, lets you explore separate levels of dungeons, each one uniquely generated with skill checks, puzzle rooms, battle rooms, resource rooms and boss rooms. You get experience based on your clear speed, your dungeon completion and your deaths. There are several different sets of dungeons which change based on how far you get. Dungeons are generated based on your combat and your skills, with some challenges you can complete and some you cannot.

Similarities between Raids 1 and Dungeoneering include randomized levels (raids 1 being way less random than dungeoneering though), gauntlets of bosses (with dungeoeering having a boss fight at the end of every dungeon), a rewards system based on points earned and points earned based on performance (raids 1 gives better chance at a reward as your points go up, dungeoneering gives you 10% of exp gained as tokens, which can buy permanent or temporary rewards), and the ability to run solo or run dungeons with a team.

If you were to ever going to log in to RS3 again to do anything, I would suggest doing dungeoneering. Its definitely a skill in minigame form but holy shit is it fun.

gz.png

• Retired Leader
12 minutes ago, WG Townsman said:

This is what is best for osrs. 

66% of people (a majority) disagree with you. This is one of the stranger parts of the polling system. Minority rules in this instance 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

13 hours ago, Mojo said:

66% of people (a majority) disagree with you. This is one of the stranger parts of the polling system. Minority rules in this instance 

And that's good! The good guys won for once.

75% is a really good thing. Because now you need a big majority to content to pass. Clearly a big portion of the community doesn't want this skill and somehow it is not okay? It will somehow kill the game? The game will stop growing? Fuck off to Reddit with that nonsense.  This is the most boring skill ever brought to us. Sailing and hell even artisian would be more fun. This "skill" was nothing more then a fix to solve problems created by Jagex/community because they make/want every monster drop a shitload of supplies because little JImmy is upset that every slayer task isn't 1m+ loot.

I'm sorry but I don't want a new skill to fix problems they created on shit I didn't even want in the first place. But clearly it is very hard for this community in general to understand anothers opinion. But I don't expect anything else from a community where the majority fails to secure their fucking Runescape account.

Thanks god warding failed, it is a small light but yet bright  in this dark world.

Edited by Lait Choco
added a huge ramble, enjoy

theweakshouldfearthestrongk.jpg.3b9e29698395a861c20faaee06bb440b.jpg

Spoiler

bestfriend.jpg.a6477b72390f9e2e26fb0e7202d961a0.jpg

wguserbar.png

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

@Mojo Osrs is designed and succeeds because it remains largely, and for the most part, the same as it was in its golden age. This is why in this context a minority rule is a good thing. You can only make so many changes before you end up with a new product. Not saying any change is bad but, if there is to be a change, bit should be agreed on by a heavy majority of the game's players.