Ninja Quits Twitch

Mojo

Good, sadly twitch is too big to become irrelevant but the site is trash and people who run twitch are even more so. Ninja just got his retirement money :D. I checked out this mixer site and it feels good idk if many people will switch though, we will see.

spacer.png                                          asdad.gif.fa3f33da2cd58d70cb0bf201915da014.gif                                                      unknown.png.8062327190f1529aecdf9ba741bef85e.png

I like this switch. I use mixer a lot for paladins etc, and i use it a lot more than twitch. It has some really good features but twitch is just so large and easy to access and use.
I think its a massive massive power play and crazy that mixer has pulled this off. However mixer are known for dropping  enormous amounts of cash on sponsors and rights to events/games/streamers.

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png.47d58bf7c709f45168891d4eb5a5db87.png
                            EZ   1596599966_Screenshot2019-08-02at17_20_08.png.960401aac9b203a8d0084c43c8da4a20.png           

• Retired Leader
32 minutes ago, Just Scapin said:

I like this switch. I use mixer a lot for paladins etc, and i use it a lot more than twitch. It has some really good features but twitch is just so large and easy to access and use.
I think its a massive massive power play and crazy that mixer has pulled this off. However mixer are known for dropping  enormous amounts of cash on sponsors and rights to events/games/streamers.

This has definitely cost Mixer (owned by Microsoft) millions of dollars if not tens of millions.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

This has definitely cost Mixer (owned by Microsoft) millions of dollars if not tens of millions.

i don't know where they get the money from. They've paid a huge amount in the past towards rights to stream some pretty unpopular games like paladins. Ninja is a step up

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png.47d58bf7c709f45168891d4eb5a5db87.png
                            EZ   1596599966_Screenshot2019-08-02at17_20_08.png.960401aac9b203a8d0084c43c8da4a20.png           

• Retired Leader
8 hours ago, Speedygoes said:

And nothing of value was lost.

Twitch will disagree 😛

3 hours ago, Vio said:

who

Fortnite streamer who was consistently top of the viewer list with 40k+ viewers. Made millions of dollars a year from streaming. 

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

Mixer is actually higher quality and less delay 90% of the time. It also seems to load faster on my mobile data versus Twitch... probably superior compression technology; I don't know. It's more gaming focused and seems less toxic. When I start streaming FPS games again I might quit Twitch as well and focus on Mixer.

This is a great sign for Mixer and Microsoft. Microsoft is agressively expanding their gaming businesses with stuff like Mixer and Project xCloud, acquiring/opening dozens of new game development studios, and doubling up on Game Pass for both PC and XBOX.

Competition breeds breakthroughs. It's never been a better time to be a gamer. 

Leader and Head Warlord of the Wilderness Guardians

pksquad2.png

WildGuard let's gooooo!!!!           gold-ranged.gif  

XD2D1Xr.gif

Ex-Leader of The Sabre Clan

Ghost_Strategist.gifsabrewraith.png

Never really enjoyed Ninja as a content creator (prefer more chill streamers), but I do admire the man's business sense and work ethic, no doubt he negotiated a massive contract with Mixer to make the switch, he was slowly falling off in terms of viewers/subs so great move on his part to capitalise on how much he blew up last year.

Now he'll be top dog again, albeit on a different platform, and as others have mentioned Twitch will have to step up and take notice that although Mixer doesn't have anywhere near the market share they aren't afraid to pull stunts like this to acquire talent and get their name out there.

Edited by Cronnie

Cronnie

• 2 weeks later...