Question About Training

I want to say this site has been super helpful so thanks everyone for all of the info. Right now I'm at 60 atk, 51 str, and 50 def. I've been at giant spiders in the SoS for AFK training. Do you think that rock crabs would be better at my stats? The only thing I don't like is that you have to click around a bunch to aggro them and I'm not sure if they're as AFK as the giant spiders. Also could i go to the elder chaos druids at my stats? And do you think PC would be a good way to train my CB? Last thing, should i get my def up to 65 first so i can do kings ransom and get the 20k in all the combat stats or should I get my strength up first? Sorry lots of questions i just want to be sure I'm training in the fastest possible way as I really hate CB training lol. 

I would recommend doing the Bone Voyage quest and grinding combat at the ammonite crabs on Fossil Island, it's probably the most AFK friendly combat training until base 70 combat stats, which is when you should start either slayer or NMZ. PC is an alright way to train I suppose, and you need to do it eventually for void armor but that's not going to be useful for you until way later in your RS journey.

I would not recommend rushing defence to a higher level than strength just to get 20k experience from a quest, at the end of the day 20k is a drop in the bucket compared to the exp you will be getting. Strength should ideally be considerably higher than attack and defence, although at the lower levels you may want to keep them consistent to be able to wield the higher tier weapons and armor. 

Edited by Cursed Rake

• Retired Leader

Welcome to our forums. Feel free to join our in game chat: WG_CC. If you haven't joined already they will help you out with in game questions.

For combat training, you could follow our guide. It's a little outdated but it will still get you decent xp/hr

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

23 hours ago, Cursed Rake said:

I would recommend doing the Bone Voyage quest and grinding combat at the ammonite crabs on Fossil Island, it's probably the most AFK friendly combat training until base 70 combat stats, which is when you should start either slayer or NMZ. PC is an alright way to train I suppose, and you need to do it eventually for void armor but that's not going to be useful for you until way later in your RS journey.

I would not recommend rushing defence to a higher level than strength just to get 20k experience from a quest, at the end of the day 20k is a drop in the bucket compared to the exp you will be getting. Strength should ideally be considerably higher than attack and defence, although at the lower levels you may want to keep them consistent to be able to wield the higher tier weapons and armor. 

So I did Bone Voyage last night and I gotta say I'm loving these ammonite crabs. Theyre awesome XP! Only bad thing I found about them is that sometimes It's hard to find an empty world. I do plan to try out NMZ in the future but I just gotta look up some guides on it and make some money for all the prayer pots I'll need. :P

19 hours ago, Mojo said:

Welcome to our forums. Feel free to join our in game chat: WG_CC. If you haven't joined already they will help you out with in game questions.

For combat training, you could follow our guide. It's a little outdated but it will still get you decent xp/hr

I'll join the CC soon as I get home from work. :) That's the guide I've been sticking to with my acc. I've got all the quests done now I'm just to the leveling part 😢 

2 hours ago, RacerJaret said:

So I did Bone Voyage last night and I gotta say I'm loving these ammonite crabs. Theyre awesome XP! Only bad thing I found about them is that sometimes It's hard to find an empty world. I do plan to try out NMZ in the future but I just gotta look up some guides on it and make some money for all the prayer pots I'll need. :P

I'll join the CC soon as I get home from work. :) That's the guide I've been sticking to with my acc. I've got all the quests done now I'm just to the leveling part 😢 

Yeah the ammonite crabs are a popular spot but you should be able to find an empty spot on a world if you keep trying. For NMZ, I would only advise prayer pots for your first time through to rack up some points, afterward you would ideally be using absorption potions that you buy with the points. I recommend following the below video guide. 

The guide details how to train combat in the most AFK way possible. If you don't want to AFK combat training, then you may as well train combat through slayer as it is more fun and varied. 

Edited by Cursed Rake