Third Party Clients

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get some input in regards to the new plugins for OSB. Obviously this is a touchy subject and as far as I know Jagex hasn't made a statement yet. So in the case that they do ban all third party clients, would all the players who used them in the past get a ban? I never used OSB but I have been using runelite as I like the smooth animations and some other QOL differences. I'm thinking about changing my password and switching to the official client for a while until all of this blows over just to protect my account. What do you think the outcome of this whole situation will be? Is runelite even safe to use in the first place? Anyone ever got a ban or their account hijacked from using it?

I thought I saw a JagexSupport tweet kind of condemning the new OSB+ enhanced Firemaking and Prayer stuff but I think that brings all this plugin stuff to a new level. I think everything on Runelite+ (Now OpenOSRS) is safe and secure to use and even more so everything on regular Runelite. I'm sure Jagex knows taking all third party clients away would really kill OSRS and theres really nothing they can do for most of the plugins anyway.

Member_of_the_Month_Kiwi.png

K1W1.gif

There's no way they would ban everyone using third party clients just because of OSBuddy's update, pretty much the entire community uses a third party client, with most on Runelite. When they decided to make AHK against the rules, they sent out a notice in advance to make sure everyone was aware of the change. 

I agree that the OSBuddy plugins take the simple quality of life additions that clients usually give to a next level, but I think Jagex should consider just adopting those changes into the base game. I usually play on PC, but I really can't imagine training a skill like construction on mobile. If Jagex is serious about recruiting long-term players from mobile, they need to make some UI changes that makes the game playable on that platform. I think the community is stuck in the mindset of "I suffered, so you have to too" - but people are really inconsistent on what they consider a simple quality of life change and what they consider cheating/botting. For instance, wasn't the "deposit items in inventory to bank" feature added just earlier this year? I remember people asking for that years back, and they got ridiculed on sites like reddit as it would somehow make the game too easy and everyone would be level 2277. Now, everyone seems to like that QOL change. 

Anyway, It will be interesting to see how Jagex responds to this, as they apparently cannot detect which third party client you use, just that you either use their client or a third party one. OSBuddy claims that their newest enhanced plugins are not detectable by Jagex, but I guess we will see what Jagex has to say about all of this. They cancelled the weekly Q&A as they want to put out a statement first, so that seems to suggest that they will update us soon. 

Edited by Cursed Rake

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, J Jamez said:

I do hope Runelite stays active and not bannable. Even if it's jsut for the extended FoV and item stats.

Extended fov is in the base game for like a year now, its the different angles you can see now

For example you can see the game from the top down, whereas in the base client youre still slightly angled

Also, runelite gpu feature works really well with the larger fov :)

bagility.gif.25f4e87ea305c79695280907bd4e5cd0.gif  3rd place in the Agility Competition of 29th of April 2019

Member_of_the_Month_Template.png

Big PvM drops I got

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-02-09-23-03-48-642_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.d243da04cf16d7b65bd6946ce4268d34.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-17-23-13-19-191_com.jagex.oldscape.android.thumb.jpg.c1391ec887476a3a6cdf70eb06654d41.jpg

unknown.png