Clan Support Finally Coming to OSRS

Mojo

• Retired Leader

Confirmed here: https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/osrs-reveals---morytania-expansion-clans-and-group-ironman?oldschool=1

Clans have been an integral part of RuneScape since the game’s release. There are clans older than some of our players. Some clans are older than some members of the Old School team!

They're the backbone of the community, and they've existed in Old School RuneScape without any official support. This year, we're going to change that.

We asked some clan leaders to share their insight and the passion they have for their clans.

A substantial amount of technical work needs to be completed before development of the game content can begin. With this in mind, we aren't offering a specific release date beyond aiming for 2020.

Here are some of the features we'd like to offer:

New clan ranks and permissions. You'll be able to customise access to the chat channels, and organise your clan structure according to your liking.

More chat channels. You'll be able to remain in your clan's chat channel whilst guesting in another clan, and staying in contact with your friends in your friend's chat channel.

Up to 500 clan members. There's strength in numbers. The clan system will offer more channel members than the existing friend chat.

Clan-wide K/D counters. Identify the strongest (and weakest...) among you.

Customisable recruitment boards. Advertise and grow your clan with greater ease than ever before.

Clan noticeboards. Share key information with your clan members in one central location.

Clan broadcast messages. Communicate with your clan in-game, and rally the troops with a moment's notice.

Link your clan Discord server. No more bypassing the chat filter to share your clan's server information.

We want to use the time between today's announcement and the release to talk with players and define a clan system that works for you. You're the experts, and we want to learn from your feedback and suggestions.

Also I (hopefully) get a free trip to Cambridge. Already filled out the form ## 

Attention clan leaders! We want your knowledge. In return for your expertise we'll fly you to Cambridge, home of the Jagex HQ. Apply for a chance to bring your experience to the place where Old School RuneScape is made.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• Retired Leader
Just now, Flocked_Up said:

About time tbh, Clans are currently a nightmare with the low member cap but this system (which is like RS3's by the sound of it) will actually be pretty damn good.

the list on the news post is legit a copy/paste of the current RS3 system with a discord link added. That's just a starting point though, they will take our feedback and hopefully make it even better.

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

34 minutes ago, Cursed Rake said:

I love this, coming from a long time at WoW which has excellent guild support, it's good to see that they are finally giving clans something else apart from a chat room. Maybe clan house (via construction) and shared vault/bank next? 😮

I would love to see something like that. Something that everyone can contribute to that would give us some sort of goal as a clan.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, Yasticaki said:

lol interesting... an irl meeting of osrs clan bosses. haha take some weed with u man

I don't even think Mojo smokes, he's pretty straight edge. He doesn't even stake. Weed is gross and legal most places anyways.

Gmining.gif

WG's least consistent eventmaster.

forumnsig2.png.33b862880446896fac4d15844f66d87c.png
image.png.1eeb324b7637d99186dd80c99a3bdbbc.png

image.png.6a8bc0ca678e6f99b348ccdd427eb74f.png

• Retired Leader
9 hours ago, WG Logout said:

I don't even think Mojo smokes, he's pretty straight edge. He doesn't even stake. Weed is gross and legal most places anyways.

I am teetotal 😛

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Retired Leader
On 10/5/2019 at 11:08 PM, Mojo said:

Also I (hopefully) get a free trip to Cambridge. Already filled out the form ## 

Attention clan leaders! We want your knowledge. In return for your expertise we'll fly you to Cambridge, home of the Jagex HQ. Apply for a chance to bring your experience to the place where Old School RuneScape is made.

No sign of this happening. The head of surveys left and possibly this little project left with him

Mojo WG Forum Sig.png

• 5 weeks later...